Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

04 Help

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mudskiff 
#1 ·
I just bought an 04 350. 264k miles. The truck ran out great Friday when I bought it. I changed the oil (delo) and fuel filter Sat. and it has blown white smoke ever since. It still runs good. It smokes even when warmed up. It does have a wierd smell coming out of the exaust. I bought a supertuner flashpaq from a buddy that don't work but I pulled up the dtc's and it said cylinder 4 out of balance and some kind of kam senser code. I have not drove it but a few miles since then because I have heard that the 6.0 give massive problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Ok, here is what I have got as far as codes

PO272- Cyl 4 contribution balance fault
PO603- Internal control mod kam error
p1335- No description.

Now for the fun part.
While putting on the fuel filter today I noticed that I had oil dripping off of my starter. I traced it to the turbo. It is pouring on the exaust side where the exaust pipe meets the turbo (clamp area). I figure this may be the smoking problem, but don't know. Also why do I have oil pouring out of the turbo? I am bout ready to puke out my nose right now.

#8 ·
I have been reading up on your delete kit and I like it. I may have to purchase me one. They look pretty dang clean. Do you have any clue asto what would be making the turbo puke out oil? I am not a diesel mechanic by any means. I can turn wrenches and skin knuckles tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.