Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I was having a great day until...

919 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  spindrift 
#1 ·
I backed into the driveway, unhitched the trailer and found a big ass pool of coolant under my truck.

Figured it was a good day to do some work on the travel trailer. Did some inside cleaning, aired up the tires, greased and adjusted the Hensley and then took the trailer out for a spin to make sure I didn't need any further adjustments to the hitch.

So, I got under the truck and to my surprise, the coolant was flowing from the area around the back of the driver's side valve cover. I know my EGR cooler connector hose is leaking. But that only leaks on really cold mornings and it comes down the passenger side of the block...at least on my truck.

Make a long story short, I found the heater hose that wraps around the back corner of the engine had been rubbing on the corner of the FICM. Well, it rubbed clean through.

My suggestion is that you check that heater hose for chaffing. Don't want to be stranded somewhere with an overheated engine. I spliced the hose and then wrapped it with a larger diameter, 3-ply hose for protection. That looks to be one expensive hose if you were to replace the entire piece.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.