Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My new rods

5K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
Bent all my crapped cap rods so time to upgrade. Here are some pics of what I am doing, these are 24v rods that I hav had shot peened and polished and hae H11 bolts, up next they will get cryoed and balanced...

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Bean.....Im going to be driving by late tonight....leave them by the back door....I want to look at them in person...Honestly ....I just want to look at them

#6 ·
shiny!
i know nothing about the cummins, what makes the 24 valve rods better than the ones you had before?

#14 ·
Not just 400psi but about 3 gpm @ 450psi. Ya they didnt like that much LOL.

I have seen cr rods dyno north of 1200hp and live but for the most part north of 900 and they can bend if something is off in the combo or tuning.

#15 ·
Very nice running similar in my truck but went with the 12valve rods all the same mods made to them tho:evil

#17 ·
I should probably know the answer and I have some thoughts on it, but why have the rods polished? Only thing I can think of is a drag reduction of some sort.

#19 ·
Okay, so reading what's been posted above...stock common rail rods on FUEL alone, should be safe to between 7-800 more or less? I was under the impression that once you hit 800 you were on borrowed time, but I don't know.

#24 ·
This guy lives a few miles from me... 07 CR 5.9. Made only 730rwhp and 1715ft/tq at 2350rpm with a broken HG(found out after it dyno'd the lower then expected numbers) on fuel only. Its got 2 stg N2O . Then 3 weeks later driving around....

All he says is that they "were" forged rods. Time for billet

#29 ·
The answer to whether the 12v or 24v rods are better depends on which foundry the rods came from. Some 12v's are better than 24v and vis versa.

#34 ·
Was just more water then it could handle, water didnt come on till full 55+ psi of boost and once it was fully on it would put the fire right out. One of the problems is the tuning, full fuel is around 2900rpms and rpms after that the fuel drops off drasticly. The tune allows for 4100rpms so when the water kicks on its ok till the ecm cuts the fuel back then there just isnt enough fuel to keep the fire lit once it kicked on. Once fire was out it was getting water dumped straight to the cylinders, nozzles were in the head getting a direct shot. Did that a few times and had to start it with ether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.