Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'62 6.0 F250

23K views 149 replies 58 participants last post by  houseofdiesel 
#1 ·
Well here it goes. I'm about a month or so from finishing. Lots of pics so I'll post a couple a day for the next week. Here's a first start video. At the time I was way ahead of myself at the time but I just had to here it running to get some motivation. Mods are as folllows:
'03 6.0, Intercooler, and 5R110
Stack 3 Speed T case
Hypermax Wire Rings
Jefferson State Diesel EGR Delete
Swamps Diesel Injectors
BD Boost Fooler
'04 Front and Rear
Ron Davis Custom Radiator
SCT Live Wire
5" Single Stack
Fass Fuel Bypass OE System
Jeffferson State Dual Fuel
Four Link Front 2 Stage Coilovers
Upper Wishbone Airbag Rear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87DECeQVeOs​

See less See more
#10 ·
Sweet! I've got a '68 Ford here that I'm putting a 6.0 in, I'm sure I'll be pm'ing you when I get back on it. LOL Mine's a 2wd though.How hard was it to fit that Superduty dash in there? That's something I keep considering also. Why'd you put a different transfer-case in it?

#14 ·
I was only able to fit 3/4 of it in. Your cabs a little wider and you should be able to squeze it in like the red crew cab (Power Smoker). The Ford Tcases are too wide and an Atlas is too narrow. The Stack has just enough room...with some rearanging of the shift linkage. Haven't got to the linkage bracket yet, waiting until I have to for drivelines.

#17 ·
nice fabrication/welding. like the steel dashes myself but thats gonna be very cool.

#20 ·
Sweet build. That thing is going to be awesome when it's all done.

#22 ·
Lol, wires freak me out.

#24 ·
Nice fab. work. Startin to look good man. Keeper goin.Don't ya just love hiem joints! :ford::rockwoot:

#32 ·
considering how much of the original firewall and surrounding area you have retained, it would probably be easier (and look way cooler imo) to modify the original dash with the new cluster and switches. If you're not done with the dash, think about it. the super duty dash in a regular cab uses up waaaay too much room.unless you're a miget

I couldn't even run the super duty seat and fit in the truck. waaay uncomfortable. I didn't even finish the interior before I started taking it apart again. Well, just giving you something to think about.

#33 ·
Nice truck.Those OBS seats are so comfortable anyways.Hope you wired up that nice air lumbar

#34 ·
awesome project man, thats gonna be a sweet truck.I think the ratrod idea is perfect.You can blow smoke in some ricer's face when they think they're behind farmer john

#41 ·
Engine #1 lost a piston that went through the block in sept. 08. since then I built another engine (#2) with a hand full of bottom and top end goodies, but the cam somehow ended up with the wrong grind, and since I don't have the equipment to check that stuff, I just went with what the machinist told me. I first thought it could be this, then that, and after a lot of trying to figure out where the blame should be pointed I realised it wasn't worth the hassle to disrepute somebody over an engine that's too difficult to prove much on. It pretty much tapped me out of money, and ruined everything but the block. now I'm finishing getting the truck back on the road with a stock used long block (#3) and about 600 total rwhp worth of bolt on crap. I guess we'll see how it does when I finally get it running long enough to get it to a dyno.

As far as trannies go, I toasted the original, stuck in another stock one with low miles, and just before I finished killing it, I had my tranny guy stick in everything suncoast has to offer back into the original case, which was laying around ever since I pulled it. I've run an ATS 5 star high stall converter almost the whole time though.

What can I say? I'm hard on stuff, I usually try to get the most power I can for as cheap as I can, and end up blowing up something more expensive than doing it right would have cost in the process. I'm usually good at giving sound advice, just too foolish and impatient to follow it on my own stuff. I'm trying to change that now though. We'll see what engine #3 brings though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.