Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

pics of egr delete

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  PSD 2004 
#1 ·
my buddy is looking into this and wants to see it installed. i have no idea i have a 7.3. Thanks Brad

#11 ·
adams customer service is also great, ive talked to him multiple times on the phone and on here about things and he is more than happy to help out. i know to alot of people that is make or break, if i ever get the time and funds im going to totally delete everything with adams kit.

#12 ·
Adams kit is top of the line. no issues on mine and great support on other products too. heres a few pics of mine its a little blurry because i took it with my blackberry but if you look you can see the coolant rerouting lines, (the blue solid ones and the cover for the EGR valve which isnt there. also, not from my truck but I found a pic of the up pipe installed on another one just for refrence.

#18 ·
How hard is this to install? Or a better question is: how much stuff can a I screw up while trying to put this in? About how much would a shop charge to do this (although I don't know of any in my area, but might be able to talk a certain dealer mech into doing it) or how many hours to do it? I just go the egr and egr cooler replaced under warranty and now I'm out and do not want any more problems. Adams kit looks very nice, but is there a simpler kit I could do in the mean time to tide me over (something is better than nothing)?

#20 ·
there are other ways to do it, but even with other its kits its kinda invasive too.

I dont think there is too much you can screw up other then maybe the intake gasktes and thats pretty hard, just a FYI we charge 500 bucks to install one and that includes a oil change and 4 gallons of coolant. A person with average mechanic skills can do this task in 6-8 hours. We do include a step by step PDF file on how to remove and reinstall the intake manifold that was written by ford with illustrations and all the torque sequences and specs.

where are you located?

#23 ·
Small question on this topic.

Do the EGR delete kit from Elite and the EGR cooler delete kit essentially do the same task?

i think my EGR went out on my truck again (waiting to hear back from the dealer) and they said they'd install the kit if i bought the parts under warranty if it ends up being the EGR.

I just want to know which one to buy if and when the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.