Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Favorite Injector/Turbo Setup

8K views 72 replies 36 participants last post by  big_stroker 
#1 ·
Well I've personally had Stock injectors, 238 hybrids and now 300/400 hybrids in my truck. With a stock turbo, a TN BB, a Garrett 38R, an S400, an S300 and soon to have the S400 back on.

For daily driving and generally gettin her done the Hybrid/38R combo was hard to beat. It was probably my favorite setup because it required the least modification for a lot of power increase.

How about you?

#3 ·
Hybrids and baby 42r for daily driver.

#4 ·
Well I've personally had Stock injectors, 238 hybrids and now 300/400 hybrids in my truck. With a stock turbo, a TN BB, a Garrett 38R, an S400, an S300 and soon to have the S400 back on.

For daily driving and generally gettin her done the Hybrid/38R combo was hard to beat. It was probably my favorite setup because it required the least modification for a lot of power increase.

How about you?
x2!!!! bit I gotta say the set-up in my rig now is flat out kick a$$. Took a little while to figure it out but I love it........ sho b-codes and a 42.

#5 ·
My truck only has one program. It is 100% wife friendly, I cannot see any smoke at all during normal driving (including up to ~500 or so hp bursts) and it makes between 600 and 650rwhp on fuel at full power.

I can still tow extremely heavy with zero smoke if I want, and it will make whatever reasonable amount of boost you could want, pretty much whenever you want it.

300cc hybrids and the GT47-88/ GTP38R combo.

#6 ·
I really loved my Modded H2E with a set of special 275cc A codes. Just for Daily driving and horsing around, no towing or anything.

The 200cc hybrid with the (same)modded H2E does ok, not as fun but does good towing.

-Michael

#12 ·
I ran hybrids and 38r for a few years till I put the 42r on. Combo worked great except EGT's were a lot higher than I liked. I could peg the egt gauge over 1600 about as fast as the boost came up.
Deputy, if I drive my truck up for the live tune you'll have to take it for a ride.

#17 ·
I'm running the 1.01 now and have the 1.15 on the shelf. I can still hit 1400 but I have to work a little harder at it. I just added water injection but have not played with it much yet.

#19 ·
I will be running 238 hybrids from Nate and a stock turbo with Matts tuning when I get my truck back from Nate. But I'm going to get a 38r in a few months. Gotta save up some more money. Hope the stock one will last a while.

#21 ·
Well 160cc stage 2's and a D66 has been fun and made nearly 400rwhp, 238cc hybrids and a D66 is up next, should be running it within a week or so and I'm sure it's going to be a blast. I'll be sure to report how I likey.

#22 ·
stage 2's and a standard h2e best for towing and got my best ever milage.
now this 71mm h2e and 240cc hybrids w/ 200% nozzles is nasty and all but the other setup makes a great dd.

#26 ·
Outlaw, No I think the 38 is marginal for hybrids, yea it's tough, works well and is a drop in but I think hybrids are maxing it out. But thats just me, used one for a long time and many others are also.

#28 ·
Fwiw..... I know it's been stated numerous times, but still hasn't made its way into common conception yet, so I'll reiterate it now.

Injector size does not spool a turbo. Throwing too much fuel at a turbo is the fastest way to annihilate spool up ability.

Pull fuel out..... and the charger(s) will light off even sooner/harder.

#30 ·
My favorite is the hybrid s400 and 355cc's. Love how it can run 11's on a hot setting, and then by a flip of a switch be able to tow a 5,000 pound trailer with ease. No smokey.

#41 ·
No. I'm running garden hoses. I like the 200's though.

It made 591hp as equipped with the 200's in this video. Fwiw, I have massaged the ICP down since this video to remove that little bit of extra crispiness down low when not up on boost. I think that's excessive, but to some it's not enough. I'll make a cruising around video with my current setup some time. I think I could shock people with acceleration vs smoke on a 600+hp injector.

#52 ·
I am running Swamps hybrids with the 38R. 1.15 housing. What a turd. Wish I could get that thing to run because the stock diode tranny is still holding up to the abuse. Must mean I am not making any real powa. Didn't even make 400 on the dyno.:mad:

#53 ·
What do you mean when you say "diode tranny"?

How come it didn't make any power on the dyno?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.