Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dynolicious

12K views 87 replies 48 participants last post by  bigaF250 
#1 ·
Just loaded a new application on my Ipod Touch. Here is some info i copied and pasted. Its called Dynolicious, uses the hardware built-in to your iPod-touch / phone to measure the performance characteristics of any vehicle. Dynolicious utilizes the accelerometer built in to your iPhone or iPod Touch to sense the motion of your vehicle. This data is sampled as many as one hundred times per second, developing a detailed picture of the car's acceleration. This information is then used to determine the speed of the vehicle and the distance travelled. Due to the unique hardware integrated into the iPhone, this can all be done with no setup, wires, or extra equipment!

Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 Acceleration
60fts
1/8 Mile E/T & MPH
1/4 Mile E/T & MPH
Lateral G's
Real Wheel Horsepower
Friction Circle
Downloadable Timed Run Graphs
Downloadable Skidpad Graphs.

I did my dually tonight and put down 270 hp on a Tow Tune which sounds about right. I typed in 7800 pounds. Did a 2wd Boosted Launch, Spinning a bit too.

2.55 60ft.
10.53 @ 68.3 Mph 1/8 mile
16.33 @ 83.4 Mph 1/4 Mile

.60 G's -Max Acceleration

It also read 330', 1000, 0-60 times, 0-80 times, etc

Its crazy accurate. Watch the video below. They dynoed the car on a real dyno, and the Ipod was only 5 hp off! Then i raced it down the track and it was only off a few hundreths of a second. Trap speed is very accurate too. Check it out. I will try it on the reg cab soon. Never new about this until today. Pretty Cool. Thought i would share for those that have the ipods.

See less See more
#2 ·
See, I'm gonna end up having to get one of those friggin' things. :doh:

#5 ·
Its really amazing how it works. I know quite a few guys with cobras that race them and have dynoed them quite often. They all have said that it is amazingly accurate in both situations for what it is. When you use it in the truck you just have to be sure its somewhere where it won't move at all.

#10 ·
Been running the app for a while now! It's awesome!! Well worth the money! I've been glad I bought the iPhone since day 1! Cancelled my verion account and won't ever look back :)

#13 ·
Now I'm gonna have to go out and buy one of these I-thingys, they seemed pretty cool to start with.

-Michael

#15 ·
I'm lookin' at the iphones and I see they have different gigabyte ones. Will that app work on any of 'em?

#18 ·
My 8 gig has several hundred phone numbers, 973 songs on the iPod and 20 or so Apps and still has 3.0g space left.

They hold a LOT of info.

My 80g iPod will NEVER be filled....there's no way. LOL

#19 ·
Didn't realize it's an ipod too. Cool, you can put all your songs on mine. :D

#22 ·
I bought the 16gb one when I got mine but to be honest the 8gb would of been plenty. Ive got an 80gb ipod in the truck for music and movies and the apps are VERY small. Most about are 1 meg so you would need 1024 apps to take up even 1 gig.

#24 ·
i find it amazing they can come up with a program to do all this that's completely wireless, and measures everything based on movement.

i mean, they were able to develop saran wrap, they were bound to come up with something like this

#26 ·
I did it---I spent the $12.99--- Have currently not had a blood alcohol level low enough to play with this. I will play with it soon.

I figured what the heck, Ill spend $12.99 on a lunch why not a Dyno APP. LOL

#28 ·
The girlfriend just go this on here Ipod touch since I don't have one, now we just need a mount to hold it still in a vehicle and to weight them.

-Michael

#31 ·
That is awesome. I have always wanted an ipod guess no I really have an excuss to get one.

#34 ·
In case you don't want an iphone you can get a gtech pro SS. It does HP, torque, 60ft, 1/8 & 1/4 mile, 0-60mph, 0-100-0, rpm & shiftlight, handling G's, and records up to 30 runs.
There is also a RR model that has that plus more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.