Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Detail 6.0 HeadGasket Replacement

5K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Stroker67 
#1 ·
She's coming in tommorow. We were thinking maybe doing a step by step photo install without removing the cab. It's going to take a little work but am willing to do it if there is some interest. I know there's alot of people who would probably tackle it themselves if they had some guidance. So here's the offer. If there's no feed back I won't worry about it.

#5 ·
We haven't taken a cab off in years. Can't afford to loose the hoist. And I know about 99 percent of the do it yourselfer doesn't have a hoist. I spend probably half a day a week helping people over the phone do this, so I think this will be time well spent. I will put the link up when it's ready.

#11 ·
If you have kids, this would be a great way to spend some quality time. Hand one a camera and tell them to take pictures of everything. I am also sure the mods would make it a sticky if you do take the time. Eventually, nearly every 6.0 will need a new set of head gaskets. Good luck

#12 ·
now if ya would hurry up with that one so you can do the same for an E series, lol. sounds great, i'll be liooking for it.

#13 ·
That would be a great help to post a picture step by step. Can't wait.

#16 ·
Go for it man, I would probably have to say alot of folks will probably thank you. I know there was a kid either on here or TDG that actually did it himself at home with the cab on. So go for it, I've had my cab off but if you get it I might do the same just to fix a few things.

#19 ·
MASSIVE FEEDBACK!!! i would love to know how to do it step by step with the cab on, that is if you could put the terms in dumb ******* for me with ALOT of pics, THANKS!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.