Replacing turbo pedestal o rings - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Motownfire
<----My last CT scan
Member's Gallery

Replacing turbo pedestal o rings

I have to pull my turbo and replace the o rings cause mine are leaking. Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints or general know how to make this go easier for me. I have done just about everything else my self (install my injectors/convert to run WVO) so I am not too worried, I just haven't pulled a turbo on one of these. Thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

Re: Replacing turbo pedestal o rings

Put a dab of grease on the o-rings, especially the lower ones, to hold them in place. Don't lose the o-ring, on the y-pipe.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
PeterB
PeterB
Member's Gallery

If you've done injectors you won't break a sweat pulling the turbo. There are lots of write-up's on turbo removal if you wish. Biggest bugger might be the exhaust to turbo flange removal. Many folks find this to be stuborn. I have removed a turbo several times, and had no problem with the flange. Just soaked it with PB Blaster the night before, then woundered what all the discussion was about.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Motownfire
<----My last CT scan
Member's Gallery

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I just watched Maintains turbo removal video, seems pretty simple. I have heard nightmare stories of the exhaust flange removal on the back of the turbo. Are there any sponsors that sell the o rings or just swing by the dealer???
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

Right here. http://www.dieselorings.com/index.ph...by=DESCRIPTION
Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Motownfire
<----My last CT scan
Member's Gallery

Grassy ass mi amigo.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Lmgrcivic
got boost
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Lmgrcivic

just swing by the dealer and grab one up there only a couple bucks
01 Black 4dr auto, 118k, BTS trans, RR fuel system, DIY intake, 5in exhaust, CCV, zoodad, non EBV pedestal, high flow outlet, DP-tuner 60hptow, 80hp econo, 100hp per, 120hp race, SS oil crossover line, boost tube, map sensor, IH cps, gauges, RC leveling kit w/leaf springs

94 Civic LS motor turbo'd 11.6 @ 120 14psi stock block
Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 AM
91turbogsx
7.3 Enthusiast
Member's Gallery

I've always had a problem getting the v-band off the turbo to manifold collector flange. I ended up making a custom bent screwdriver to pop it off after ruining one vband clamp which isn't too cheap from Ford.

Pretty simple job except for the fact that you'll be laying on top of your engine for a little while. Gets a little uncomfortable.
Lots of deleted parts...
Custom fuel system w/ Strictly Diesel RR
Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP
DI Up-Pipes
DP-Tuned
and more...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

I have an old sofa cushion I use on the top of the motor. Plus my fuel filter cover and bracket are long gone. First thing that disappeared off my motor.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 PM
PeterB
PeterB
Member's Gallery

Arisley has an excellent point. I use an old colman cloth sleeping bag layed over the engine. To protect the guts. If you have an old packing blanket that would work well also, but get something to lay over the engine. Your belly will love you for it.

Peter

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 114
00POWERSTROKE777, 01strokin, 1BadF350, 2000XLifted, 300,000 and counting, 4.0l sahara, 4BigGreen, 7.3LStrokeR, 707.3, 91turbogsx, 96stroker, a5t1, abbottfarms, ajfetterman, aklim, amitch, andyj, Ant Dog, Arisley, awesomeL, BIG01RIG, BIGLARRYS03, BigTXForddiesel, boondocker13, boostaddict, Brandonwilk10, budman, Bushwakd, c todd, ccrowd, chief055, CLIFORD3, clydesdale, Cppr_Busa, Dan V, DcMoore999, DieselBrad, DieselRangerKid, dilligaf, Dirtyboy82, Divebomber, doubledoor, dws1230, F-350, F250 Fever, farm boy, ferociousfish, Firehunter, georgia diesel, GnArKiLL, guzzle, hank glasgo, haulin99sdp, HMBUILDER4U2004, IraqVetUSMC, j440, JBrown8988, Jesse Lambert, Jnalaplace, john_from_ict, jrlax5, JuststrokeIT, kampinguru, Kandres20, King Ranch 384, Layson, Lmgrcivic, losrocket, mddevore, milehighstroker, moresrvc, Motownfire, muddynoll, neher72, OLMEC, Patrolman, pc97f350, Pdt1081, PeterB, Plumbnman, PowerStrokingMachine, Prhartley, rcsteelman, redpower, retired jeeper, RHCDIESEL, rich in co, rndllquinn, rocketron, Rustler, rv7, SD01WD, smerleau, smokinndstrokin, smokinstroker, SOOT LIFE, ssaulnier, stacked, Stroke00, Stroken7.3, StrokerTurbo7.3, Strokin450, Super_Hauler, tbutera2112, thecabinetguy, tyler731, Ufda45, vintage way, vosslere, wanabebig, Wdoyle, woodpigs, yobuda, zpilgeram