Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rear shock mount

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  chrisdman19 
#1 ·
I'm replacing the rear shocks on my FIL's EX and the da@# bolt on the upper mount doesn't come loose. I figure there is a nut on the top side but how do you get to it?

#3 ·
Thanks. I was able to undo the other bolt and it must have made enough down pressure to get the threads on the other bolt to grip enough to come undone. Now I just need new hardware and I'll be good to go.

#4 ·
I hate the setup that is on there. I made brackets to use a standard eye type shock mount to get rid of the wishbone that goes in the top. Blew 2 dirt logic 2.25 reservoir shocks cause of the wishbone piece.

#5 ·
Wife was complaining that our Ex was bouncy. Sure enough all 4 upper bolts are gone. Actually one is broken off and three are gone along with the j-nuts.

I will replace them tomorrow. I read a suggestion to replace the bolts when replacing the shocks and to not over torque them.

Dunbar

#8 ·
The part number for the bolts is N605906-S2 and the nuts I think is N803714-S426. The dealer down the street got me for $2.40 each for the bolts and did not have the nuts.

I will check with Powerstrokeshop.com for the bolts in the morning to confirm the part number and availability.

For those of you who have seen the nuts, could I substitute a regular nut with the right thread or do I have to have the special J-nuts?

Thanks,

Dunbar

#9 ·
It would be hard to use regular nuts unless you tack them in..its tight up there!
Their just metric bolts..any good hardware place will have them or get symilar nuts and bolts in std thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.