Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pitman Arm.....Hahahahah they are a Bi*&H

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric@PTP 
#1 ·
So i spent all day yesterday installing the 6 inch lift on my 04 CCLB. When it came time to do the pitman arm i though no big deal, done them before. Let me tell ya, 3 trips to Advanced Auto parts to replace 2 broken pullers, beatin' on that thing for hours, i had given up. Wasnt really sure what i was going to do as i couldnt get it off. My truck was stuck half in and half out the garage. I was so PI**ED! It just would not budge. After throwing a 4 pound sledge at my beer fridge, going in the house saying Eff this, the junk yard can come take the truck for all i care, i went back out to clean up my tools and No screamin SH*T the GD pitman had fell off on its own. WTF! I laughed my a** off, BUt JC, i never had one kick my a** like that before.

#2 ·
LOL that's funny it fell off on its own. But I honestly haven't had many problems taking mine off. It was prob seized on there pretty good. Did you spray pb blaster on it before hand?

#7 ·
On these larger trucks you have to use a puller with 3/4-1" wide teeth and that also have a tensioning cross bar, soaking it in something like PB Blaster or WD40 helps tremendously too. If I get a suborn one in here thats what I do, soak it, add pressure, soak it some more, add more pressure maybe a few taps with a hammer. You may even have to reset the puller a few times as they some times get off angle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.