Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

More than a coincidence.....

17K views 369 replies 44 participants last post by  ActionRick 
#1 ·
I get emails from my father in law every once in a while regarding the end of times. He is a deeply religious man and spends most of his days studying the word of God. This latest email he sent contained something a little spooky, something more than a coincidence in my eyes. It is a little slow, but pay attention, it gets VERY interesting. The video will automatically load, just wait for it.

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/

Read about the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse while you are listening (especially the White Horse).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

#8 ·
CNN aint got nothin' on the book of Revelations these days. Want to follow world events, read Revelations. I'm not ready to draw a black and white line yet but it's getting there. All we can do is to be ready.

I haven't gone to any of the links. Been studying this basically all my life (36 year old preacher's son).

#11 ·
December 2012

#13 ·
Agreed

If it ends the only thing I hope for is to be near my children and wife...

#14 ·
Cuz its fun to have your emotions and fears jerked around all the time.

hence why movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Notebook even exist.

#18 ·
How exactly is "The world going to end" ?

Where's the energy going to come from? Asteroid? What exactly? How do you take something cooking along for nearly 14 billion years.... and end it all of a sudden?

If y'all want to "end" the world with your doom and gloom religious sh*t, count me out. I"ll be growing corn and other veggies somewhere with my cows shooting dumbasses on site.

The world will not be ending for me, unless some wack job that spent way too much time smoking pot and reading religious pamphlets kills me.

:smirk:

Near as I can tell, the air will still be air, water will still be water and worst-case scenario, society completes falls down in it's own sh*t, and I live out my life as if we turned the clock back a few hundred years BC.

Wow..... whatever would we do without culture and political bs. Oh I know, we'd kill what we needed to eat, and find shelter where we could.

Unless somebody can locate a large asteroid baring down on us, or some kind of massive disruption in our solor sysem, this is all 100% bs, which is pretty much par for the course with this type of mindset.

#32 ·
Kinda off topic but do you have to go to church to be saved ? cause I dont but I still believe in jesus christ.

steve
No.

Like I mentioned, "Read, ask questions, and draw your own conclusions". People typically go to church to find answers to questions although sometimes this is easier said than done.

#33 ·
So I see....

There isn't any rational thought as to why... just a psychic reading of sorts. Do you need to see my palms?

Then why don't I skip the weeks worth of reading, and just look here:

Or here:

#36 ·
I think of it this way...... why do you need to have every single thing answered right now? Just because an answer does not exist, is it then the case that we must make one up so we don't get scared at night and cry ourselves to sleep thinking about the vast number of things we cannot explain?

I would like to think I'm intelligent enough to face the fact that I do not have all the answers, without the need for resorting to fairy tales to make myself feel better about the world.

What exactly is the "cure" for cancer?

Since that one isn't explained in anyone's religious writings, are we to denounce them, and look to something else?

As much as it may churn some people's stomachs, the answers to every last thing don't exist. I don't understand the level of intelligence that would expect them to have to. That is to expect the impossible.

Why did Timothy Mcveigh do what he did? Is that in there anywhere?

Why did I just fry a 12v LDO regulator one minute ago? Is that in there?

Despite popular belief, the answer to all things nowhere to be found. It's an impossible request.

If I say I suppose I fried the reg because I wired it wrong in some way, but I admit at the moment I DO NOT KNOW (wow, how cool is that, just to say that about something) and some other dude tells me it's because the regulator fairy was not given it's due, and angered, so it then cast my regulator into the fiery pits of melted regulator hell.....

Because I cannot tell you exactly why it smoked the reg at the moment.... and the other dude clearly can, am I to accept his explanation?

I surely hope not. Although it is clearly the voice of the majority to do just that.

:shrug:

I don't think many people have the courage to say, I don't know.

#40 ·
Change my mind on what?

Is there evidence to support the fact that a God does not exist? I don't see any. I don't recall ever suggesting that there was either.

And I am not going to try to sit and give some prophetic explanation of what may or may not be. To do so would be foolish in the worst way.

My only issue is with situations when something that is well supported, for which all evidence and direct observation in known existence is in agreement with, is denounced because..... of nothing more than hearsay. Because men, wrote things in a book, during times when human understanding of their environment was equivalent to that of an 8 year old child by today's standards, and those things that were written oh so long ago, in such a dismal time of knowledge and understanding, happen to conflict with the incredibly advanced knowledge and understanding of those living and working to understand the environment at present.

Yet those who came before cannot serve as a foundation from which to build, but are instead presented as an infallible display of perfection, against which, all the logical explanation and common sense the world can offer, stands no chance of amending or striking from record.

To freeze knowledge in time, and assume perfection from those handed the daunting task of explaining all the worlds questions at a moment's notice is foolish.

The statements and explanations given by the prophets of their respective times, should be allowed amendment and correction, as NO man is perfect, lest we forget it was in fact MEN doing the writing that is so often read as if it were perfection incarnate.

#43 ·
I thought of this skit when writing my last post. And I cannot express my hesitance toward linking to it now. But, while I do not agree with everything he brings up, specifically the conclusion at the end, he does raise some unavoidable logical errors that plague religion, and that constantly create strife for those who at once would LOVE to happily participate in religion, but yet personally adhere to a strict system of logic.

Please disregard the title and his somewhat obnoxious tone at times. However, the questions posed, and concepts questioned are very real to everyone. Some people just choose to let certain explanations "float" up and over the gaps in logic, while others like myself will not.

#57 ·
I thought of this skit when writing my last post. And I cannot express my hesitance toward linking to it now. But, while I do not agree with everything he brings up, specifically the conclusion at the end, he does raise some unavoidable logical errors that plague religion, and that constantly create strife for those who at once would LOVE to happily participate in religion, but yet personally adhere to a strict system of logic.

Please disregard the title and his somewhat obnoxious tone at times. However, the questions posed, and concepts questioned are very real to everyone. Some people just choose to let certain explanations "float" up and over the gaps in logic, while others like myself will not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o
Carlin is one of my favorites ...

the only thing he leaves out ,,,,is choice...We all have it ....

With most ,, logic does not play a part...Be honest .... You have made one ....

#44 ·
Chuckles-

People can believe whatever they want. Faith is just that, faith. Its what you believe, not what others think.

All the questions you asked earlier I dont give two sh!ts about. Our existence here, however, does puzzle me a bit. Dont you ever wonder how you were made? What the actual process was for creating the earth, stars, human beings, etc? Did we just appear? I dont think so. If you dont think about things like that, thats cool too. We all boogey to a different tune.

#45 ·
Well, here's what you do, it's not complicated, although the course is rather involved, and does have a lab.

EAS 1601 (3-3-4) Habitable Planet (Fall,Spring)

Go to Georgia Tech and sign up for that class. Every single thing you just asked will be answered in the course of that class, based on ALL available evidence and with all available information to date. Everything from the forming of nebula and the eventual generation of the elements all the way from Hydrogen to the heaviest of the radioactive elements. The timeframe of it all, the formation of our universe, solar system, how atmospheric conditions were stabilized, why and when.... I mean every last question you just asked. Again, based on observation, experimentation and logic.

The only question it will not cover is how you were made. But I think this was well covered in middle school sex education, with the whole sperm, egg, uterus, so on and so forth. DNA, Punnit squares, other genetics topics....

I find it's often the case that people think that it is unknown how the soloar system formed, our sun all the planets, the elements, and eventual habitability of the one we call earth, as well as the evolution of life to the point where mammals classified as Humans came into the fray.

I sometimes wish I had never taken that class. Given my HORRIBLE inner turmoil with this topic up to that point, the existence of accurate, testable, and repeatable answers to questions such as the ones you just posed, without fail and without and "fudge" factor was a blessing if you will. I honestly enjoyed the class so much I received something like a 98 in it IIRC. Present knowledge of past events edges closer and closer to the origin of the universe every day. Guys doing work with the particle accelerators are generating the kind of energy needed to do the kind of testing that can keep pushing our view farther and farther into the past. As it stands, we are fairly well versed in the history of the universe up to around ~14 billions years ago IIRC. This goes beyond the scope of every question you just asked. The only one left unanswered is what was before that. And as I already stated, I'm okay with that. I'm not scared to say.... I don't know.

#46 ·
sperm, egg, uterus
Where did those come from?
Can man make another man without using a part from another man?

Can man make a copy of the sun?
Can man make soil out of nothing?

There are many many examples around us everyday that dictate that something super natural and with a like kindness to us made these things.

on the other hand everyone that tries to dictate any other way can only theorize but never have concrete proof.;)

#47 ·
While I do understand the direction and intention of your post, not all of the specific examples you listed work well toward your point.

sperm, egg, uterus
Where did those come from?
They did not just come from anywhere right out of the clear blue. Over time, lots of time, they worked their way into the reproductive system of mammals along the evolutionary path all the way from single celled organisms which possessed and still posses none of the above.

Can man make another man without using a part from another man?
Yes. Think of the cloned sheep. No male was used, just another sheep from a single female sheep. Yet a genetically identical sheep was produced. I believe the best example of this was with a sheep named Dolly. Please understand that this process would work the same with humans, dogs, cats... there are however moral/ethic issues surrounding this procedure with respect to humans. Some of which were directly addressed in the movie "The Island".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)

Can man make a copy of the sun?
Yes. The sun is a nuclear furnace powered by it's own mass (gravity) the force of which is strong enough to have started a chain of nuclear reactions at its core that has been running strong for billions of years. We dropped the same thing on Hiroshima in WWII albeit of smaller scale for obvious reasons.

Can man make soil out of nothing?
Negative. (at present). Although there are plenty of people that talk about converting between matter and antimatter, although the energy required is TREMENDOUS. To put it into perspective, the energy required for a given mass of matter to be formed, or the energy acquired from nuclear fission and the resultant loss of matter is defined by Einstein with his famous E = MC^2 where E is the resultant energy, M is the mass gained or lost and C^2 is the speed of LIGHT squared..... :eek:

I don't think you're giving the human race due credit David. It has come a long, long way in the last 2000 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.