Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

hood stack

37K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Saber123316 
#1 ·
does anyone have a pic of a hood stack on a ford, or directions on doing it so it looks nice, it'd save 50lbs of exhaust weight.LOL:doh:, i have a number in mind to hit this year if it holds together:doh:

#5 ·
Yeah, I'm wanting one too but have to see what I'm workin' with when it comes back.

#6 ·
the only hoodstacks I have seen on true fords (ie non-cummins) is on 7.3s and those have been trucks like stroked out and double overtime.

never seen a 6.0 hood stack. if you went straight up from the stock turbo location wouldnt it not go throught the plastic cowl by the windshield?

#7 ·
:whs:
I would have to agree I dont think it would work on a 6.0

#11 ·
I like the fender pipe better-
I don't know about drag racing, but in most sled pulling events, your exhaust must exit straight up. Makes sense that it would be that way in drag racing as well, since I don't think most people would want shrapnel coming at them when a turbine lets go, or something internally happens in the engine.

#14 ·
This is absolute proof to me that diesel billys and ricer trash are one and the same. There is no difference whatsoever between a Honda Accord with a 10" fart can sticking out the back, and a diesel billymobile with a chromed out 10" exhaust tip sticking out of their hood. None! Zero! Zilch! Nada!

#21 ·
Most guys run a couple of 90's off the turbo and place the stack where they want it. I'm not really familiar with a 6.0, but I know you could do it. Might have to relocate a few things. Prolly wouldn't work very well if you still have AC... :hehe:

#22 ·
Ok, enough beatin around the bush, we all know the real reason for wanting a hood stack, and it ain't to save weight :poke:

Should look pretty sweet though, hard to imagine the truck getting any faster, but I bet it will :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.