Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How Do I Plumb a RR with a H2E/Hypermax?

4K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  Powersmoker 
#1 ·
So I've been looking over my fuel system on the black truck and was wondering what is the general practice for the passenger side rear fuel fitting with a hypermax mount. Right now it has a combination of hard line to a -6 compression fitting. There is a major clearance issue with the turbo mount. Does anyone make a pushlock type fitting with a 45 degree angle and npt fitting that would go straight into the head?

Any opinions greatly valued here.

BTW the -6 fittings from DI for the fuel rail are sweet!.... I am using that to plumb to the front of the heads (after some careful bracket clearancing that is).

#8 ·
i just didn't think i had enough room to use a npt to -6 then put a 90 on it. I will re-measure tomorrow with the stuff I took off the front back there to see what kind of room i have. A NPT fitting that immidiately went to a 90 would probably do the trick and not hit the flange for the up pipe.

#10 ·
Just looked at my pics, no clearance issues at all. Just used the standard ITP reg return, and bolted it up.??
I looked and it has plenty of clearance on the rear, and driver side as well.
Only tight spots on mine were the gen 3 pump. I had to move the bracket for the regulator, and make a new line, different fitting for one side up front.
I'll see if I got it on my webshots.

#11 ·
I just did my fuel system on my '97 and used the DI -6 fittings in the back of the heads and run the fuel lines from the "T" in the center of the valley(near where the fuel pump used to be) up and around the intake covers and valve covers to the back of the head. Probably kinda hard to see in these pics, but I'll post them anyway.

-Michael

Attachments

#16 ·
Looks good.... I wish I would have done things right the first time when the engine was out but it wasn't my truck and the decision(s) on how it was built was somewhat out of my hands:rolleyes:

Got to make this thing fast so I can have the IDE label dropped...LOL

#19 ·
Thanks, but I have most of the kit already from the first installation. I will be eliminating the alumnium fittings into the heads because the thickness required for alumnium necks down the hole in the fitting to the equivalent of -4:doh: The steel fittings with the 45 degree look like the way to go for the passenger side rear. I just didn't think I had the room until now.

#26 ·
Well I am retarded..... there is no way to get the fittings to work on the front but the rear is no problem with the H2E mount. I am going to feed from the very back of the heads with a straight shot -6 and return from the front. I mocked up everything today and it looks good and man those fittings in the rear of the heads really flow some fuel......

#32 ·
Yea... not happening up front. I think the early 99 trucks had lower belt tensioners, it may be possible on those. Make sure you have enough clearance with the DP. My 4" DP for my t4 mount didn't leave me enough room to use the CNC'd fitting, had to cut and weld a 90* to make it work.

#28 ·
Once I get it all pretty I'll snap some pics... just taking measurements and mockups today using old hose and fittings. But I can tell you this, the fittings I bought from DI made a difference over just feeding from the rear ports at the top due to the small ID of the 1/8 NPT aluminum fittings that were being used. Is the ID on the steel 1/8 fittings larger?

I did a little test feeding from the top with stock banjo bolt and all (the plug in the back that the DI fitting replaces). I got about half the volume I get coming out of the front that I get using the -6 fittings in the rear (no pressure). I did do the powerstrokehelp.com mod to the front banjo bolts to aid flow to my return ports though :doh:

#29 ·
As far as I can tell the DI/Beddins fittings flat out rule over the factory style feed :evil !! And doing the PSH mod is the biggest waste of time I can image :pointlaugh: That is the reason I even did my Daily driver that way.

-Michael

#34 ·
ITP fuel system... No issues what so ever... Nice to have something that looks factory, only larger.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.