Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Buddy got an 05...

879 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JER-1 
#1 ·
So, basically, by buddy rolled up to my house today to show me his new truck. An 05 CC Longbed KR. It's pretty clean looking and he asked me what he could do to help is MPG's. He's not completely set on making it go faster or all that but, I doubt it will stay that way for long.

I told him an intake, something like a 4in exhaust (turbo back), and an SCT. I'm pretty sure the warranty is out so, no head studs for now. Would an EGR delete be worth it, in terms of MPG gains?

I'm not sure what the rest of you guys are doing to make the power or get the best MPG's as I haven't payed much attention to it. However, I'll be looking this forum over pretty good for the next few days....

Also, anyone have the link to wire and upfitter switch into a high idle switch?

Thanks,
-clay

#2 ·
Your list looks pretty good, get a turbo back 4" exhaust, Airaid or S&B intake and a IDP SCT. The EGR delete should improve mileage but we havent done any back to back testing to verify if it does or does not increase fuel mileage. If he is out of warranty its a ver very good mod if he wants longevity out of his motor. The EGR system on our trucks are like a cancer.

If he needs anything gimmie a shout.

BTW here is a link to the up fitter high idle mod:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/719509-how-to-high-idle-mod-with-upfitter-switches.html

Adam

#3 ·
#4 ·
Sweet, thanks for the links guys. :D

#5 ·
Start it and run it for a few min my 2005 seemed to have the high idle built in it comes on slow after a min or so of warm up and high idles around 1200 rpm.
Thats one mod might be there already on his 2005 also.
JER-1
:tree: :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.