Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Highest power 6.4?

7K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  smokyred 
#1 ·
Just wondering, what is the most verified HP/TQ a 6.4 has made? I know that Dallas (have actually wrenched on his truck) arguably the most modified 6.4 in the country, but who has the bragging rights to back it up?

#3 ·
I believe the 6.4 Mikey just bought has dynoed 623 already with top secret stuff from various site sponsors. But I'm sure that's just a rumor. ;)

#7 ·
Ya know, this may be one area that we benefit from the DPF regen crap. Dodge and Chevy inject fuel straight into the DPF for the Regen, Ford however sprays extra fuel through the injectors for regen. So the capacity of the injectors has to be able to handle the fuel requirements for max engine power AND even more for regen. Same goes for the HPFP.

#9 ·
CR injectors are not "unit" injectors. They are a glorified 'nozzle'. Beautifully simple compared to the HEUI injectors.

The pump determines the maximum displacement available to the injectors. The nozzle restricts the pump volume.

So adding larger nozzles will increase flow, up until the point at which the pump itself is unable to move any more fuel.

#16 ·
Only a couple guys have changed turbos...and they changed both, high and low pressure ones...I have not seen anyone 100% change the truck up yet to a big single....but I dont think that s bad idea for an all out race truck.

The compounds work well for all around performance though, seems to help get this heavy beast rolling easier.

#20 ·
Now come on John you know that is not possible because Matt is running bigger injectors and that sucks the rail dry instantly and you cant do anything more to these truck without more fuelLOLLOLLOL

On another note congrats to Matt for laying down some sick dyno numbers

#23 ·
Oh I can take it...you did not hurt my feelings...I said ..."SWEET....weird how you make smartass comments...when the reality is there is a limit.

See Cody...I like facts, not speculation...and the FACT is we ARE limited with the stock fuel system....your draining the rails instantly comment was a smart ass non factual bit of dialect that was just not needed when we are trying to speak facts and trying to go faster...again we are all on the same team, trying to do the same thing, I dont understand the bitching and moaning and secrets all the time.

BUT...then again I am one of the few that happens to be a member of the AMA and ATVA....I feel both parties are fighting for the same thing...riding areas, and that we are stronger in numbers together than separately.

Ad t 70mph burnout thread had nothing factual in it...son.....if you can be going 70mph ad mash it and burn the tires...send me the video...guess I should say in a 08+ F250 wit our current mods.

#24 ·
I am not going to drag this out for pages and turn it into a pissing contest. I never said there wasnt a limit to the stock fuel system. If you want the facts there is still more power to be made without touching the hpfp or lpfp ie turbos, 60hp injectors. You may not see there full potential but they will still add more power to the truck. But hey i am an idiot, hell my truck has an airdog 150 on it, it proved to add extra power on the dyno but that cant be because the stock fuel system is maxed out.

Note to the masses: I appoligize if my bit of smart ass dialect mislead you in any way, the current fuel system is completely maxed out and no more power can be made untill that situation is adressed...

#25 ·
I guess...a few ponies can always be tweaked out of anything...hell a different temp or air density can change hp.

I guess 20-30hp here or there is not what I was meaning when I said no more power left....suppose I was thinking/talking bigger numbers...numbers that really make a difference.

I had my Mustang tuned pretty well...was running 11.90's on motor last year with the stock displacement 4.6....but I am sure that I could have kept the hardware the same, and had it tuned by someone super duper smart and picked up a couple more Hp and maybe dropped a tenth or so...but for ME....the bucks spent did not equate to the fun had since its a hobby.

I have said over and over again....I think turbo upgrades..downpipes, head work..etc is great...and going to do wonders for these trucks..but for ME its not worth it until more fuel is available to take REAL advantage of the hardware mods.

I think most agree with this, most if they are even going to to anything at all, would agree that pulling the cab one time to do all the mods at once would be most cost effective.

This truck is a little different than others....used to you could do upgrades in stages, but really since the cab has to come off to do anything but change the oil staged modifications are not so much an option, well unless you like taking the cab off and you happen to have a 2 post lift at y oru disposal.

#27 ·
I agree having to pull the cab off to acsess the major parts of the truck is a down fall to this new platform. The only probelm is just like anything else as time goes on bigger and badder parts are going to come out that are better than the preveious so you may want to wait a while before you put your truck together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.