Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EGR DELETE

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  03f250stroke 
#1 ·
i was looking through threads on the egr deletes and just had a couple of questions on them. do you have to lift the cab to to the delete? does a block off plate do the same thing? i also saw that you can get an up pipe with the y going to the egr deleted. does this stop any problems with the egr clogging up? any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
You do not have to lift the cab. You can install a full delete kit in less than 5 hours if you are mechanically inclined.

A full delete kit fully removes the EGR cooler off of the truck. I block off plate just welds the up pipe shut, stopping hot exhaust gas to enter the cooler. BUT, it is still possible to blow the valve open and blow the cooler even with just a block off in place.

PM Abrannan19, he is a sponsor on here and can let you know everything you could ever possibly want about EGR delete kits lol.

#5 ·
As said above, you do NOT have to liftthe cab to do an EGR delete kit.

The block off plate only blocks the exhaust from entering the backside of teh EGR cooler, which will prolong the life of the EGR cooler, but the EGR cooler can still fail and the EGR valve can still get clogged and go bad. The up pipe does virtually the same thing. The block off plate creates a vortex of air in the up pipe because the air is still trying to go into the EGR cooler but cannot, so it has to come back out of that Y, needless to say its not a very efficient way of blocking off.

With other peoples up pipes the just cut the Y off and leave the flex section, which is OK at best, within a year (sometimes less) the flex section in that EGR up pipe will crack.

With our Up pipe we remove the flex section and the EGR Y so you have a solid up pipe where you have a direct shot from the manifold to the turbo. And the flex section cant crack because its not there.

With our full delete kit you get the solid up pipe and a modified intake manifold with the EGR cooler removed and the EGR valve removed. With our kit its the most complete EGR delete kit on the market and we believe it to be the most efficient of all of them. Also you will get a clean intake manifold with no build up inside.

If I missed something PM me and I will do my best to help you.

Thanks Mike, Rob and Sam, I appreciate the plug!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.