Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

installed!!!

6K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  mattymx 
#1 ·
well...in the race file...i cant keep the tires from burning off..it feels VERY good. it does seem to stay in the throttle a bit after i get out of it...thats gonna take some getting used to... as well the tranny seems a bit weird...anyone know the trick to getting it to learn?

to say the least im very happy.

#9 ·
That's awesome on the results. Maybe its just me, but these trucks seem to take time to "think" about what we want. either accelerating or decelerating. Have their been any reports of anyone blowing head gaskets yet? The 08's were updated from 14mm to 16 mm headbolts so that should help a lot. Plus on the early 6leakers the rocker hold downs were held by the head bolts. That is not the case now.

#11 ·
Just getting back into this after way too long of an absence, has anything broke yet for anyone?

What is the first part that is likely to break? have there been any trends that have developed yet? Like on the 7.3 don't push OEM forged over 500, 400 for PMR's, Stock turbos @25, headgaskets at 40, etc etc.

#22 ·
I've been psyched on these 6.4 threads....tunes giving 48psi, tire-frying, 500hp. Damn... Hopefully you can beat the trans into submission today.

#25 ·
Just a few more promising tidbits. I have been doing some monitoring and testing and found some good stuff.

Maximum inection pressure is over 24,650psi:eek:

Air-
with my tuner(was given a hypertech when I bought the truck) cranked to stage 3 which is about 110hp or so, I can hit 39psi with stock filters in place, both intake and DPF. but what is more impressive about that number is air temp- IAT1 is 44 and IAT2 is 59:D. That means that at basically 40 psi of boost the air is only picking up 15 of temperature. Even after well past a 1/4 mile of WOT I never saw more than 24degree climb in temp. Freaking amazing. So at that level the CAC and turbos have a lot left are still working efficiently.

Fuel.
Again on stage 3, the FRP hit 24800 without any drop in pressure at all. The PCV(pressure control valve) was at only at 31%. Unlike the 7.3 IPR, the PCV will go all the way upt 99.9% DC. The VCV(fuel volume control valve) topped out at 37%. It can also be commanded to 99.9%. Quite a bit of room there.

Pahrump- Man I wish I could hook up some Monitoring crap to your rig and see what is going on.

#35 ·
i think that international felt bad for us, and finally decided to give us a fighting chance. from what i can tell better injectors than the dmax...bigger injection pump, and somewhere around 500-550 with tuner, intake, and exhaust. the biggest difference i feel, is the power band...it seems to pull earlier and longer then my 7.3 did.

#41 ·
yes. im midway thru some mileage testing and part of that requires that i pull my 10k toyhauler thru a couple tanks.. i havent filled up since i put the stuff on but im 50 miles to empty...so i will, forced excuse to go ride my dirtbike...darn!

BFT- performance truck products is where i bought mine. nate is a great guy to do business with.

#53 ·
:eek::bowfast::ford:

#54 ·
Theres no such thing as turbo back atthe moment, you cannot get the downpipe off without taking the cab off.[/QUOTE]

HAA HAA, i know that being that stock is arleady 4" mendrel bent i was talking more in terms from the end of the turbo down pipe...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.