Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

No studs, is this okay?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jp115 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2006 6.0L f350, and I am wanting to put a 4" turbo back exhaust from MBRP on it, as well as an SCT livewire. What would be safe as far as tuning goes since I do not have studs?

Note: I had my head bolts replaced at 100k miles because I didn't want anything to go wrong with them. I currently have 170k miles, completely stock.

#2 ·
You should be safe. Just make sure you let the tune writer know that you still have head bolts, and they will make a safe (as possible) tune for you.
You should look into either a bulletproof EGR cooler or a delete kit, dependant on what your emissions laws are for the state.

#4 ·
I ran like that for a year and had no issues. Just don't tempt fate by racing everywhere.

#6 ·
i run the setup i have in my sig all day every day, on the strip and at the pulls. 445hp (calculated with 1/8th mile times). Just dont be stupid and let it warm up before playing and you will be fine.

#7 ·
Yeah i have Warren 190's, intake, exhaust, billet compressor wheel, and innovative diesel tuning, egr upgraded, blue spring mod, and no studs and its been good to me so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.