Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dp tuner possibilities

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cntryboy17 
#1 ·
i am looking to get a dp tuner maybe but what do you guys think? The f-5 1-16 position chip with no start, stock, drive thru(quiet mode), 60hp eco, and 40hp pulling. thought about adding the 100hp but afraid i might break to much stuff with that one.

#2 ·
What truck is this for, and what are you going to do with the truck- DD, tow, race??

#3 ·
without a bunch of mods the 100 or even higher should be fine used under control...now power drops crazy burnouts etc bets are off. step up the injectors, and your tranny will pack it in.

but use can impact choices esp if you tow , but choices look good to me
could add a 55 mph valet mode seems like it was cheaper at one time . might keep the blue lights away, might never be used:shrug:

#4 ·
Maybe run something like:

Stock
Drive Thru
60T
DECEL
60E
120R

High idle is pretty handy also especially if you keep the truck running extended periods of time. I run the 120R for in town driving.

#5 ·
On my truck I have stock, high idle(1200), no start, 60tow, 80tow, 80econ, 120race, 140 aggresive, lope idle. I have had it since december and I drive my truck everyday(Im a farmer). I like the responsiveness and the way the transmissions shifts in 120race. The throttle is a little touchy but it really grows on you.:D The best thing I can tell you is to call Jody and tell him what you are looking for.

#6 ·
it will mainly be an everyday driver but during the summer it will pull a 5k boat and some trailers. thanks for the insight

#7 ·
I have the no start, modified stock, high idle 1,200 rpm's, 60hp tow and 80hp economy. I drive mine everyday in the 60hp tow and really like how it drives. It will smoke in that setting but not much more than stock. I don't use the 80 hp eco setting anymore until I get a new turbo because now it will smoke like a freight train. You can't go wrong with DP. Jody and Diane have the best customer service I have experienced in a long time.

#9 ·
I have a No/start, Decel, 60T, 80E, and 140 Agressive along a high idle and a drive thru tune.

I use the 80E most of the time because it has just enough power and the right shift points but I have a BTS VB and every truck is different until you get lived tuned. You cannot go wrong with Jody and Diane no matter what any one says the have take care of alot of people and have great customer service.

#10 ·
Jody and Diane are great. I've bought the DP equipped Xcal2 in 2006, F5 in 2008 and F6 just recently. I sold the Xcal2 and F5 to make up the difference in cost for the F6.

If you can spare the extra $200, get the F6 so you can update via email. I've described dislikes on his standard tunes and he sends tune files to me to try. It's better than shipping it back everytime. Right now we are working on a 80E variant that's more like a 80DD (daily driver). He removed the OD lugging in the 40-45mph and move the 3-4 shift nearer to 48mph rather than 40-42.

There is little power difference between the 80E and 100p. The shifting is different for sure. The 40T is a safe, overall towing tune. The 60T and 80T net a little more power, but higher EGT's and higher shift pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.