Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can anyone remove 06E17 flash?

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
Since Sniper doesn't support trucks with this flash does anyone have any ideas? I know this is a sub for 7.3 but it is DIY tuning.

#3 ·
he has an early 03 6.0 pcm that has the calibration were the fsa(field service action) is called o6e17. the inferred exhaust pressure strategy, alot of people have been using that number to identfy the flash they have.
the sniper interface box dont reconize the calibration/hex number at this time and he is asking if anyone could program his pcm to a differant calibration so the sniper interface will read it.
I sent sniper a pcm with this calibration in it, in hopes that they would get it supported sooner.....been awhile a long while...lol

#5 ·
In any event, we can reflash the ECM/TCM/FICM to any combination you'd like.[/QUOTE]

wow" If i may what program/software do you use to do that?
I program pcm/tcm/ficm almost everyday with the ford IDS and snapon pass-threw pro, my programs dont let me flash older/later calibrations? id love to get a program with that capabilty? I tune on the side (delta force dealer) and have had issues with the interface box not reading the calibrations on some 03 6.0"s

#6 ·
I use software that I wrote. You gotta figure that if I can write the firmware for programmers, I've gotta have some bad-a$$ homegrown utilities on the side. :cool: We can reflash practically any ECM or TCM from 1994 up including 7.3L, 6.0L, 6.4L, F150s, Vans, Mustangs, etc. Not to mention the FICM reflashes and ABS updated for tire and gears.

As you pointed out, the scan-tools only let you go forward but that's not a hardware constraint, that's a software constraint. Since I don't have to deal with their software, I don't have to follow those rules. :D

#13 ·
The dealer should be able to do an as built flash. Alot of techs dont know about it or how to do it. But it can be done

#15 ·
As built will flash whatever you have on your PCM now back to the way it was when it left the factory.

But I like Bills option now that I know he can do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.