Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need a hand figuring out suspension please

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  jtgf250 
#1 ·
Hello everyone ! I need some help figuring out what suspension has been done to my f250 or if its stock. I just bought the truck and it's my first super duty and diesel. My question is has the truck been modified at all because it seems to sit higher then other stock f250's i see on the road in my make and model. I have a 04 crew cab fx4 6.0L . At most i think it might have a leveling kit on it because the truck does sit level. My spring codes are vvpp which i have researched and came up with very little on? Im including pics of the front and rear springs to see if anyone can tell me if its a stock set up or been modified. The truck has 285x75x16 tires on it and has no rubbing issues at all and drives great i just really trying to figure this out so i know for piece of mind because i have drive myself google crazy trying to figure it out on my own! Thank for any light tgat can be shed on this!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Take a pic of the brackets in the front for the linkage and all. Any blocks in the rear or what style and how tall? Single blocks or stacked.

#3 ·
Ok will have to get those tomorrow im currently at work . I do have one of the back its not very good though. it does have blocks in the back i will measure them to see if they are what they call f250 or f350 blocks . I do think the back set up is completely stock its hight seems to be correct. Its the front set up that seems to puzzle me and the front springs have more leafs in them then i have seen on others that have two leave's in them. Anyways i will get better pictures tomorrow to reference off of .

Attachments

#5 ·
LOL I'm at work too, gotta love night shift. I would say with the single block in therear that appears stock and with the thicker springs its a leveling kit. Thats what it looks like from the pic but kinda hard to tell.

#6 ·
here is a pics of the front hangers and rear hangers and with a closer inspection of the rear blocks it does appear to be two blocks in it the bottom block is 1 1/2" and the top block is right at 2" is this normal ? I felt like the rear or the truck sat at a stock hight but this being my first one I could defiantly be wrong LOL ! So if this is not a stock set up would it be a leveling kit of about 2" and if so I was under the understanding that leveling kits only lifter the front of the truck ? oh the joys of buying a used truck from a dealership and not the owner :D

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks for the help that is what im thinking also but my question now is that safe to stack those blocks in the back like that? I use the truck to pull a 10 thousand pound camper and my goose neck and tractor that weigh around 11 thousand? Sorry for my ignorance but i feel its better to ask a potentialy stuid question then find out the answer the hard way and hurt myself or someone else on the road. Thanks for all the help

#9 ·
Its better to have one block instead of stacked but not gonna hurt anything. Really need to see the front steering links to be 100% on what it is. When I bought this truck from a dealer they told me it was leveled but it actually has a 4" lift. I measured a guy at works truck that had a leveling kit and I was a couple inches higher than him in the front and rear. Your front leafs look the same as mine. I had a tapered block in the rear that ws around 3.5" but just swapped that all out to flat bock/traction bar setup to fix my rear pinion angle. A guy hear at work has a 4" on his as well and has two stacked flat blocks as well like you and he tows all the time with it no issues. I use my truck for pulling a camper as well. If your bracket on the front of the frame for the trac bar is dropped down and the pitman arm looks taller than say 2" I would say its about a 4" lift. If the pitman arm is only about 2" tall than I'ld say leveling kit. Really depends on what brand kit it was as well.

#10 ·
Ok will check the steering linkage and pitman arm out tomorrow and see what is under their . Its just a little confusing to figure out why they put blocks under the back if they lifted the front to level the truck? Buying a used truck and trying to figure out another persons thinking a reasoning or aftermarket parts is enough to drive you crazy! It should be a law that any and all mods done to a truck should be listed on a data sheet and put in the glove box before resale of the truck lol . But i guess that would make life to simple and i would have more time to mow my lawn then spending it doing google searches!:postwhore2:

#11 ·
LOL, yeah it can be a pain. Basically the added block is the cheapest route when lifting the rear. Sounds like you have more of a 4" lift to me but I could be wrong.

#15 ·
No problem man. Yeah that should be a leveling kit then. That trac bar bracket would come down more as well as the pitman arm if it were more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.