Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Contributions To The 7.3 World

28K views 196 replies 76 participants last post by  CtG 
#1 ·
I am being totally serious here.....

Where would we be without guys like Lott and what he has done for the 7.3 world? We tend to give the man alot of $hit but really we can need to thank him for being a major player in the timeline leading up to where we are today.

Who were all the major players from the beginning? Who were the pioneers?

Does anyone have a timeline of who did what when?

#8 ·
Richard Madsen ran in the 12's in 2000, Casey C ran low 12's in 2000-2001 with his crewcab.

#14 ·
This is a pic from 3-10-01 of Maddog he had this built far before that date, but only pic I have.

#61 ·
I agree except for Nowel, he was strictly a Cummins guy, he called me for info on Ford glowplug systems.

Definitely Richard and Casey, Steve Cole did a lot of tuning on Bryan Kinneys truck and Dennis supplied the parts, those are the ones I have personal knowledge on here on the West Coast.

Hypermax did build a good turbo system for the old 6.9 7.3 IDIs, not sure what else they did.

big jake

#20 ·
On a roadtrip to TS last year with ***, Zane told us the whole story on how he got involved in it, met Casey C and Maddog, kind of ran from there. Said they showed up to a dyno day and laid down like 450hp in Casey's truck spraying all the propane they could spray...said every jaw in the joint dropped. No believed a a diesel could do that :eek:

#21 ·
Said they showed up to a dyno day and laid down like 450hp in Casey's truck spraying all the propane they could spray...said every jaw in the joint dropped. No believed a a diesel could do that :eek:
OH yes...those were the DAYS when no one knew anything about how much HP a diesel could put out! :evil

#25 ·
I remember when an H2 was a SERIOUS setup...

lol.

The first time I saw the original "Slegehammer" on Dave's truck I was trying to figure out how it would ever light.

:hehe:

Then I drove it, and that 550rwhp was the most retarded thing I could ever imagine.

Dave put a longterm hurt on my credit card by insisting I take those couple drives down to the machine shop to get my flywheel in his truck. That was pretty late in the game, and it still seems forever ago.

#28 ·
I think Jonathan really helped to bring modded injectors to the mainstream for many. How about Hutch in Augusta and Texas Towncar for some of the fuel system stuff?

Tom

#30 ·
Who was the guy on TDS who started doing the fuel mods for OBS way before anyone had a kit? He was a demolition contractor in TX. Really nice guy.

#35 ·
i got in the game fairly late but dockgirl, johnboy, matt miller, lott, hypermax, casey c, zane, maddog were all names i remember as being the big dogs 5-6 years ago. hell back when i first got into diesels bunting was puting down good numbers, spraying the hell out of mm's on stock head bolts running DI parts. Funny how that was one of the last times his truck ran good lol.

#42 ·
Thanks Matt But I'm nobody special, just a competitive guy that will never give up.
When I came on the 7.3 performance scene late 99 early 2000, it was Richard aka mad puppy, Brian kinney sp?, Steve Cole, Johnboy, Frank aka Power snorter and some clown named thunder all using Hypermax parts.

Then bk made a SA comment on diesel central.com which pissed me off and the rest is history;)

at this point it matters not who did what back then as most of them have given up on the 7.3.
What really matters is who is doing and knows what they are doing now:bowfast: they know who they are:D

#50 ·
Nah, that almost cost YOU being somebody. LOL

#56 ·
What a throw back this thread is...

I remember when Charlie would get %$@#n banned and would come back and finally I figured out it was the same dude... Charles, CharlieII, Kilowatt, Hybrid... good lord

I think I wasted half my life on TDS and ADM - ah the original encounters with duke1n

I remember it just being Lott/Kinney and their respective crews (drag racer and sled puller hmmm), Powersnorter was around... then John and Dave started building stuff, DB, elmo, bunting, emrgnc etc.
I don't know what was more humorous - watching the vid of bunting running the 1/4 with his hood stack and AT's or DB's plow bracket (RIP plow bracket -where did it go?)

Credit to Charles for trying to convince people we needed RPMs like 6 years ago... Long live TQ. Yes, he called people mofos back then too :hehe:

I'm glad they kept those archives at TDS - we should steal that sh!t

#59 ·
Well, I was on the forums back when TDS was Jason's Abol Message board. That was 96-97ish. I was selling super duper awesome and slightly dangerous two stage propane systems to the masses back in 98-99. Had twin turbos on my PSD back in 00-01ish. Was over 500 on fuel back in 03ish, over 600 on fuel in 04. All my stuff was homemade. The only things I ever really bought from the regular vendors through the whole thing were: 300HP Hypermax whole friggin pcm(lol), a TTS chip when that was the biggest and baddest, a set of hypermax stage II's from BTS, a chip from Bill when he first started DP tuner, and Swamp reworked my stage II's back when he first started doing injectors.

As for everyone else, this is what I can remember:

I met Frank/Powersnorter back in 99. At that time he was running: lower compression, worked 530 injectors, BTS, water injection, a big f'n turbo from Hypermax, Hypermax cam, and a huge fuel supply system from Hypermax. I remember having conversations with him back in 99 about how we needed more high pressure oil.

Maddog always had a really good running truck. I would definately give him credit for starting the modified injector craze. Other than Hypermax, he was the only real visible source for modified injectors for a while. I always liked Maddog. Good egg.

I would also throw a big ups to Swamp and in turn Golfer. Swamp was always involved in whatever discussion we had going back in the day. I distinctly remember him sharing his discoveries after tearing his first PSD injector apart. I really don't think those guys get enough credit for the distance they have brought us in the past few years. The work they have done has rippled through the whole 7.3 market. And if they didn't actually make an advancement in a particular area themselves, others that did no doubt built on what they figured out. Well, and others then reverse engineered. lol

Others that I remember in no particular order: Pyschostroker, Casey, Steve Niezer, Steve Cole, and Mark Craig.

#62 ·
I met Frank/Powersnorter back in 99. At that time he was running: ... worked 530 injectors...
B-codes ~10 years ago? That's pretty cool. Way ahead of the curve there!

#63 ·
I remember going to Truckfest in like 99' and watching Dr Performance trucks run. They were ok. Then some guy in a Ford dually CC got up and launched it sideways in the pit, then burned down the track beating all the DR Peformance trucks. Not sure what he was running.

That dyno run picture wasn't taken at the old shop there on 44th and Wadsworth was it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.