Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

powerstroke speech

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  F-350 
#1 ·
hey guys im in college and for my speech class i have to give a 10min speech on something informative so i thought what better then "mighty powerstroke". I wanted to hopefully change some minds about diesel arent just for dirty tractors and they do more then just blow smoke, look and sound cool:D. i had some main points in mind like the differences in gas burners and diesel motors, turbo, injectors, egts and. what not. Do any of you guys out there have any other suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also if i could get in touch with some swamp guys. I would like to get my hands on a injector core working or not just something i can use for a visual aid.

#2 ·
I'd concentrate on all the benfits like greater mileage (pound for pound), lots more power, easily upgradable, durability, etc...

#3 ·
i didnt even think about that :doh:. my class isnt mechanicaly inclined besides myself that would be a good attention getter with current prices

#5 ·
haha yeah i guess that not every one is a country boy from the sticks such as myself.

#7 ·
hahah yeah i can use any kind of multimedia. i can see it now a big quadmotor tractor pullin machine compared to something like a vw diesel jetta

#10 ·
I think I would start focusing on differences between gas vs diesel, compression ignition vs spark, higher compression ratios, more BTU of energy per gallon of diesel versus a gallon of gas (E85 is even worse.) Durability and longevity, differences in emissions, I forget the specifics but diesel exhaust isn't nearly the same as gasoline exhaust and I believe in some ways cleaner than gasoline emissions. Maybe mention the VW TDI and some of the European diesels that get 50+mpg or so (least something other people can more relate too) then rip right into the powerstroke :D Touch on the HEUI injection and forced induction and how diesels don't really care what fuel they are burning or how much is forced into them (not really an Air/fuel ratio like you would have in a gasser)

Just some thoughts, and best of luck, hopefully ya can teach em some about the powerstrokes :D

#11 ·
If theyre worried ab killing polar bears and baby seals, tell them how the newer trucks have the EGR on them, just dont mention that we can take them off and things like that, maybe the tree huggers in your speech class will love the EGR concept, hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.