Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oil Pressure Gauge

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  william_04_x 
#1 ·
I've had this problem on and off for awhile, but more consistant this last week. After my truck is warmed up and I come to a stop, the oil pressure drops to low and the check gauge light goes on. As soon as I accelerate the gauge goes back up to normal. I changed the oil and filter last weekend. Has this happened to anyone else? Did changing the oil pressure sensor solve the problem? Also no codes are popping up.

thanks
KB

#2 ·
Change the oil pressure switch asap. Should cost less then $15 and while you are at it you can install a T fitting and a nice after market oil pressure gauge. The dash gauge is basically an idiot light. Less then 7psi it shows no pressure and above it is center of the gauge. It's either you have some pressure or you have none. Not much of a "gauge". The switch is at the base of the oil filter housing.

#5 ·
I have had one doing this just last week. replaced the sensor and no concern any more.. But i also had one doing it that when i checked the base oil pressure it only had about 8 psi it idlie.. But it had a starting concern.. So if you not having any starting or idling concerns i would say that it was the pressure sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.