Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Truck wont start

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  lobsterman 
#1 ·
I need help my truck wont start.I turn the key all the lights come on the batterys were replaced last winter.i check them they have 13.5 volts with the off.turn the key and nothing not even a click.Could this be aCPS problem.Thanks for the help.I need to get truck started soon need to get my child from scholl

#2 ·
what year truck? programmer? i haad the same problem with my 6.0 and it was two wires melted together about 3 feet back from the transmission,but it never popped a fuse

#3 ·
I need help my truck wont start.I turn the key all the lights come on the batterys were replaced last winter.i check them they have 13.5 volts with the off.turn the key and nothing not even a click.Could this be aCPS problem.Thanks for the help.I need to get truck started soon need to get my child from scholl
do you mean no crank as in the engine won't turn over?

#5 ·
try taping onn the starter with a hammer? check for power on the big wire bolted to the starter

#7 ·
Check all grounds. If they are Ok. Start chasing power. Follow the hot wire down to the starter, also follow the pigtail on the hot wire to the relay on the fenderwall. Make sure you are getting power through there.

#11 ·
Not real sure where it's located, but it sounds as though it may need to be replaced.

Just need to make sure your starter does not have a dead spot in it. I had the same issue in a Mustang, replaced the neutral safety switch and it did not fix it. If it does it again AND trying to start in neutral does not work. Tap the starter with a hammer it may take a couple of tries. If it starts then you probably just have a dead spot in the starter.

#12 ·
Is your shifter sloppy. There is a linkage under the column that comes loose. Held on with two torx screws. Just pull the piece off the bottom of the column and follow the shifter back. You will see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.