Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Whats SHO mods??

12K views 124 replies 29 participants last post by  RockinJW 
#1 ·
From what I gather it has to do with injectors, is it some sort of porting that swamps was talking about awhile back?

Did i miss a thread on this cause i searched and found lots of reference to it but nothing really explaining what it is. Proprietary??

#2 ·
Proprietary, not exactly. It is adding extra passages in the injector for oil flow.

#12 ·
Cool thanks for the answer, I was worried I had to get a decoder ring to find out.

after reading another post it appears that some people don't know the reasoning for the SHO mod or how to use it
Hence my question. I knew it was an injector mod but wasn't sure what it was or did. And nobody really seamed to know either they just always made reference to it.

#13 ·
They knew... They just weren't telling...

Some people have taken the approach of making things proprietary information, while others have made their mods public...

Maybe if took all of our "proprietary" and "public" knowledge, and worked together, we would see higher numbers in 2009. OR, we can continue to be secretive and live at 650 HP.

Personally, I don't have as much knowledge about this as much as others, but I am always willing to share what I do know, If it is beneficial to making HP.

#17 ·
I'm not kidding when I say I have none of this nonsense in my injectors. And they are dead ass empty in 2.5ms. They are 300cc hybrids.

So can someone explain the point again?

Or could someone show some before and after flow numbers after adding additional holes?

:shrug:

I for one am not being secretive about it at all. I think it's a joke.

#21 ·
Charles I am not sure if it does anygood or not, but I think on the same token we don't know that it doesn't so until someone proves it either way(Which I think a sponsor who does the SHO mod should have some dyno numbers to justify the mod) not just selling the SHO mod w/ a statment that says it makes them fatser!

#24 ·
Charles I don't have the numbers but I know Jim did some testing and there is a difference.

#28 ·
So thats approx 300% over or what. IIRC mine are .0085 or .009 and are 100% over.

Edit after yours: those are garden hose.
He was being VERY SARCASTIC

I think he has close to stock sized nozzels IIRC

#27 ·
IIRC you were playing w/ some springs or something at 1 time to get yours quicker. I may be wrong though........since you said yours are stock internals

#29 ·
I don't think there's anything in a 7.3 HEUI that hasn't been massaged one way or another in the course of the 15+ sets I've ran, not even counting the stuff that never made it in the truck.

But in terms of extra oil holes in the body. I'm not buying it. The existing flow paths are more than sufficient.

#31 ·
So these vendors have data that supports a faster injector by dueing this mod? If so why not have someone make the numbers public to show the improvments are what they say.:lookaround:

#33 ·
It depends on the size of your nozzles and the injector itself. I beleive the #'s I saw it mattered much less on Hybrids than it did on B codes. And obviously large nozzles have more to gain as well.

What I dont get however is usually when it's done on B codes the injectors seem to smoke a lot more. Theoretically they should have higher IP at the nozzle tip and should smoke less after programming changes but I haven't seen that happen.

I'd like to hear opinions.

Anyways, when my injectors were "modified" they were crap so the BDs that I just reinstalled (not yet started up, waiting for the turbine housing to come back from the ceramic coater) are all stock w/ smallish EDM nozzles.

#35 ·
Suns On the hybrids that Jim and I tested with a "stock" off the shelf hybrid we lost flow with the SHO mod. Believe it or not. When we went to the 200% over nozzle we gained flow with the SHO mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.