Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

help with no start 2002 e350 7.3L

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
I am new to this site, and I am glad I've found it. I had gotten off of the hiway and was going down a cty rd and the truck lost power. as I coasted to a stop I smelled hot engine oil and tried to start it but no start. towed it home and decided I had lost oil press in the hpop probably due to a line. tore it down and I did find some damage to one line. replaced both lines all four ports they go into, both fuel lines to the heads, all the o-rings on the fuel filter housing, the fuel filter, and filled the hpop res with oil. tried to start and cranks but won't start. do I have to bleed the hpop system?

#2 ·
Did you check the oil level in the crankcase?

Make sure the batteries are fully charged, and crank it non-stop for 20-30 seconds, then let the starter cool for 2-3 minutes. Do this 3 times; if it still won't start, you have other problems besides air in the oil system.

#3 ·
thanks for the help, one line was not clicked in all the way and was leaking oil, got it running now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.