Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OBX Speedway? March

3K views 41 replies 8 participants last post by  Harohunter 
#1 ·
Anyone up for a T&T at OBX speedway in creswell, NC? The track is open on

7th: Sat Test N Tune
14th: Sat Test N Tune
28th: Sat Test N Tune

I believe the track opens at 11 or 1 i cant remember.

426 Benson Road
Creswell, North Carolina

#4 ·
Well, I have an old ranger I put a 302 in, bone stock, I wanna see how it will run. Ill prolly crash and burn, but itll be fun, haha. I might run my new ranger too, my grandad has a ford lightning, I hope he will run it, and my brother has a mustang. he'll prolly run it.

#5 ·
I predict mid ten second eighth mile for the ranger if it hooks decent. Mayeb even a low ten second run if you got it geared anywhere close. My Bronco II used to run 10.30 or so on the stock motor (302). A little gas and ran low nines. Thats at just over 5,000 pounds on 35 inch boggers, with the winch bumper and winch.:D 4.10 gears

No wait, that low nine was after a cam swap, some head work, headers, tci tranny with full manual shift / reverse pattern, 1.7 roller rockers, and the gas. :D

#6 ·
Haha I hear that! I have no idea what gear size it has, but I do know that when I race it in front of my house, I barely get out of first gear on a 1/8 mile run- lol. But I just wanna basline run and then Im going to tear into in and build a race truck. i hope

#19 ·
Yeah, I've almost forgot about his duramax. Its been in the shop for a while, but I picked up his head studs for him about a week ago, so maybe itll be running before too long.

#31 ·
Ill be close once again ha might bring out the 08 since I figured out I had the traction control turned off:doh: which may have been why I was blowing all 4 tires off launch lolLOL...Also checked the fuel filter and the SOB was about plugged shut so after I changed it out the truck feels even stronger than before!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.