Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Finally new 6.0 valve springs!!!!

6K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
Finally found some! Stock springs have a seat force of 87, that will force the valve open at about 50 PSI. These have a seat force of 122, go ahead and try to blow that open. They are ungodly expensive and I still have to have minor shims made. The heads will be complete this week, and finally the engine will be ready to drop in. Freaking custom parts!

The good news is that I can run my planned 65 PSI boost and not have to worry about smacking valves. Oh yeah, wonder what a 6.0 sounds like at 5500 RPM's?

The quest for 1000 HP just got a little closer.

#24 ·
I want your valve springs. I have no idea if it's possible,once I get the rest of the goodies put on I hope to crack the 1K on a stock HPOP. It'll be close. if she don't do it then we're goin to have to talk about the oil on your truck. I want a 10.99 pass this year even if I blow it up tryin. LOL.

#28 ·
I've got hypermax rods and hypermax pistons. The cam crank valve train and heads are stock. The only work done to the heads is hardened valve seat. No porting work

#29 ·
Let me finish the seat shims, and figure out how much is actually in them Shawn, then I can give you a cost on the damned things. I know the springs themselves were, and I quote from the guy I got them from "Nobodys gonna die rich in 6.0 diesel racing, the springs my cost are damned near 500.00" LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.