Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Adjustable track bar

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  BigBluediesel08 
#1 ·
I have the Adjustable track bar in my truck. ? is what is the best way to make sure the front rear is centered. Has a slight pull to the left after the 37's went on.

#2 ·
Measure the distance from a point on the tires to the frame. If it's off....the trac bar needs to be adjusted half of that. Meaning if the axle is off by 1" to one side, you need to adjust the trac bar 1/2".

Easiest way to do it prior to installing the trac bar is to back up straight 20-30' and pull straight forward 20-30' as the axle will normally center itself....then install the trac bar. Reason that works is that the leaf spring bushings don't like it be in a bind.

#8 ·
Where did you get that?

#10 ·
Thanks hoss,ive been wanting a couple of those for awhile,but havnt had time to search.

#13 ·
I know this is an old thread, but it was the only info I could find.. How do you center a coil spring front end prior to installing the trac bar? Any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.