Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tranny laid down (long)

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dunbar 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I just made it over from the other site. My tranny laid down on me even though I thought we did everything right. I got the Ex (2003 7.3) on Ebay in early 2007 with 68k on the clock.

I put a DP F-5 on it and it already had 4" pipes turbo back. I put on V codes and modified F codes on the back and added a helwig rear sway bar. I had DI performance do that work and also install a BTS valve body that Cale and Jody made sure was matched to the tunes. I also added a 31 row 6.0 ATF cooler and had them fill it with Amsoil ATF.

Now I have 117k on the clock and occasionally tow my 7000lb boat. My wife drives the truck and she has a heavy foot. She throws the 1211 code every few days.

I have isspro gauges over the rear view and the trans temp has never gotten above 160 or so. I am kind of stunned that the thing laid down on me.

Regardless, I did not know until today that DI performace rebuilds the units and always assumed I would source a BTS unit if mine died.

I need the truck back in action and Dave can get it done by the end of next week so I am going with him on the rebuild.

Sorry for the long introduction.

Cheers,

Dunbar

See less See more
#4 ·
Rebuilt by DI Performance!

See thread in Transmission related forum.

Dunbar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.