Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bigger Turbo Upgrade?

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
I have the stock '06 and looking for that constant whistle , even when idling .

who , what & where do I get it?

#14 ·
This may be something to try. (Maybe where no one will see your truck, cuz they will laugh..)

Pull off the 35" tires, and throw on a set of 265/75's....JUST to try. It may be all you need to do to get your truck running better. (Lower the gearing)

If it helps alot, then you know that you need a gear change to make it work with your tires.

-Just something to try...

#16 ·
aww man your killin me lol. all of the punjab's here drive around with 10" lifts on stock tires cause they all get tickets. im gonna look like them lol. i though maybe i had a leak and i was down on drive pressure or something but everything looks fine. maybe your right i will have to try that sometime.

#15 ·
WOW, that's one of the turbos (VGT-HO) I was thinking of running with Elite 205cc's, I definitely didn't know it ran like that. I'm not lifted though, running the stock 20" wheels/tire size though but I was thinking of getting a lift after I get done with the motor.

#27 ·
dang sucks to hear about the turbo, but good reading I guess for others looking to upgrade in the future. I was always under the impression that a good fixed geometry turbo will run cooler than the VGT's to me that was a big plus.

#29 ·
yep well eric is working on getting the temps down but i dont know how its going to be possible because even elites torque tow runs hot. i just didnt want the lag of a fixed goemetry. i think its this way with any turbo this big.
Fixed grometry doesn't have to lag, there are many out there running 62's and 64's w/o lag and pretty low EGT's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.