Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I got my sct today....

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  smokinstroke 
#1 ·
So i had a pretty rough day at work today and i get home and find a package waiting for me, which made me pretty happy. I knew it was my sct tuner. I tore into the box like a schoolboy on christmas morning, only to find it was an sf3 not the x3 that i had ordered. So my question is, are they the same thing? Can i still get tunes from innovative for the sf3? I would hate to have to send it back and wait another week or so for them to exchange it. Thanks for any help in advance

#2 ·
You should be able to get custom tunes for it. I believe Danny (imelmo) is using an SF3 tuner. Biggest difference I believe is that the SF3 has 3 canned tunes and room for 3 custom tunes. I wonder if you could store 6 custom tunes on them but I don't know.

This is from the SCT site (I just got mine last night so I did some reading on actually using the thing) Taken from here http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php

SCT Technical Support:
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING X3 & SF3 Power Flash Devices sold prior to July 25th, 2008:
SCT has recently updated the firmware for all X3 & SF3 devices. These devices now have different firmware that will effect all future updates for your device.

X3 devices part #3000 sold after July 25th, 2008 will now only be used for custom tuning and will no longer contain pre-loaded tunes. The SF3 device part #3015 will hold 3 custom tunes and will ship with pre-loaded tunes as in the past.

If you have purchased an X3 device part #3000 or SF3 device part #3015 prior to July 25th, 2008, your device is now considered an SF3 device part #3015, even though the device stickers may state it is a part #3000. When updating your device with any future firmware or tune revisions, you must use the SF3 part #3015 device updates or you will receive an error when updating the device.
Devices sold after July25th, 2008 should use the matching firmware for the part number on the device sticker.

Devices sold after July25th, 2008 should use the matching firmware for the part number on the device sticker.

#4 ·
haha, yea I am hoping to give them a call tonight but being Friday I doubt I will get anything right away :doh: oh well it should be worth the wait. Now I just gotta get me some gauges and save for studs.

#5 ·
Sounds like were both in the same boat lol. I still need gauges and studs too. There website says they open at 8:30 but i just called again and still no answer:mad:

#6 ·
Yea probably pretty busy, who knows maybe you could send him an email too or something. Fill in all your info about the truck, the strategy, and what tunes you are looking to buy and maybe he could get it done that way.

Thanks to work and not getting home till late the only thing my SCT has done is sit on my desk lol, hoping to at least read the strategy tonight

#8 ·
If you leave a message they'll call you back. And I have the SF3, you're fine.

#9 ·
I called innovative and got to talk to someone around 11. He told me that they were a little backed up and they had a couple 6.4 tunes to write which take longer but he said i should get my tune by the end of the day. I cant wait!

#10 ·
Well i guess i wont have my tunes til monday. I didnt get them today. Im sure innovative is very busy so its understandable. Ive never wanted a weekend to go by fast before, but i cant wait for monday lol

#12 ·
Might be a little longer than that. I just read on their site that they will be closed for vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow and they will not be sending out any tunes during that time. :(

J/K! :D

#14 ·
DANG IT DANNY!!! Don't scare me like that lol. I just back from riding around in the truck with the canned SCT "Performance" tune and I gotta say its definitely much better than before. Big ole :D for being able to light the tires again. Hopefully gonna shoot eric an email tonight, but at the same time I don't wanna go too crazy since I need gauges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.