Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

500+ rwhp with stock bottom end?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Extended Power 
#1 ·
Who's got 500+ RWHP on a 6.0 with a stock bottom end?

My 600+ rwhp on fuel only engine (above) blew up with a cam that's just too big (long story for another time). I'll be starting over with a new/used engine getting at least my compound turbo setup, (Phat shaft 62/70 & BHT3B) II 285 cc injectors, head studs, fuel delivery, heavily ported intake manifold (not just the dinky worthless intake elbow) & other supporting mods. Question is, Do I have my piston bowls re-worked & drop the compression again, fire ring it, and do a cam that will work, rods etc, or will that all hold up fine with a good tune? I'm a little worried about cyl pressure, but don't have the finances for rods, and if I wait another month or so, could afford to do the cam, fire rings, piston re-work, etc. Just looking for probability of survival going with this setup. Thanks

See less See more
#8 ·
...noo put it together blow it up and build it agian
Thanks pal. Those are encouraging words. Common sense would tell me to over build the engine, but my wallet is telling me otherwise. I've got a good block to do some wild stuff with. I plan on going all-out with it over the next year or so including rods, main studs, and everything else I can think of. Rods are about $2500 though, not to mention everything else. If I can buy a complete running engine for a thousand bucks, and make it last a year, then that's worth it. The only problem is, that I need it to last a year. I do want to hear about some blowing up stories, and what caused it. If I can just hold off squirting in the funny gas 'til I've got my fancy engine done, but make a stock bottom end hold together for a year or so I will.

#4 ·
Who's got 500+ RWHP on a 6.0 with a stock bottom end?

My 600+ rwhp on fuel only engine (above) blew up with a cam that's just too big (long story for another time). I'll be starting over with a new/used engine getting at least my compound turbo setup, (Phat shaft 62/70 & BHT3B) II 285 cc injectors, head studs, fuel delivery, heavily ported intake manifold (not just the dinky worthless intake elbow) & other supporting mods. Question is, Do I have my piston bowls re-worked & drop the compression again, fire ring it, and do a cam that will work, rods etc, or will that all hold up fine with a good tune? I'm a little worried about cyl pressure, but don't have the finances for rods, and if I wait another month or so, could afford to do the cam, fire rings, piston re-work, etc. Just looking for probability of survival going with this setup. Thanks

Who is doing your tuning? You shouldn't have any issues @ that level w/ stock bottom end w/ propper tuning.

#5 ·
500 should be ok for the stock bottom, Isn't Danny making 500 with his 6.0n the juice? Are the cylinder pressures the same weather or not it has compounds or nos?

And since where here what happened with the cam issue on the first engine?:poke:

#11 ·
no problem here so far, but i only have 32k miles on it!

#13 ·
No problem here so far, and I hose it down every chance I get. :D

#14 ·
If you don't have the cash to build it right...why are you asking if it "Should" hold???
What if it doesn't? You already scrapped 1 engine, why build another one to find out that: "Yip....it broke again"???

Wait until you can throw all the money at one engine build...and do it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.