Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Propane flamethrower in the stacks

35K views 251 replies 39 participants last post by  Strokinstrong 
#1 ·
Okay guys, after seeing that big 6x6 on Ebay what's involved with installing a propane flame kit inside of a set of stacks. The ******* in me says that's what my truck is missing for the parking lot meetings & partys. Also getting tired of all of the econo cars & S10 with neon lights & lambo doors running around here. I know that you need a propane tank, a solonoid for the lighter & injection & a sparkplug to set it off. So how do I do it? :D

#9 ·
Hope he has 911 on speed dial. A ******* and some propane sounds kinda dangerous. :poke:

P.S. It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye poked out or at the very least some eye brows burnt off. :D

#6 ·
My truck will throw a spark or two every now & then but thats not enough for me! Okay what do I need for a setup on the switch? I remember there was a guy on TDS over on the west side of Michigan with a two tone black & red OBS Powerstroke that had flame throwers out of the stacks. We need to get him over here! I think the switch is going to be the hardest part, I think I'll have room for a regular propane tank right next to my stacks & bed rail.

#10 ·
Hope he has 911 on speed dial. A ******* and some propane sounds kinda dangerous.

P.S. It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye poked out or at the very least some eye brows burnt off.
The eye brows don't worry me I just don't want my beard fried off!

http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/

theres all kinds under the search
I checked that out but that stuff only works for gassers. We need to get a little more creative for this. I need more ideas & a spare hand or two. Come on John let's work on this after we fix your bad fuel pump fixed! :eek:

#11 ·
The eye brows don't worry me I just don't want my beard fried off!

I checked that out but that stuff only works for gassers. We need to get a little more creative for this. I need more ideas & a spare hand or two. Come on John let's work on this after we fix your bad fuel pump fixed! :eek:
A patch of arm hair was the best I have done. Yes there was beer involved.

#12 ·
Don't worry there will be atleast 1 sober person around with a first aid kit! :hehe:
On edit I did set my overalls on fire last winter using a gas powered chop saw! I was cutting up some brackets up for my bumper to mount it up on the old F150. Well it was about 25* or less outside & I was cutting away 8:00 at night mind you so it was rather bright with all of those sparks. I also had almost lit em up earlier but decided to keep going. So I just get done with the cut & I smell something burning that didn't smell like steel. I look down & see my Carhartts were on fire! :eek: I shut of the saw & set it down & then proceeded to pat out the fire with much haste! All of the snow was frozen so it was useless. I got it out but the best part was I wear tight blue jeans & the overalls over them were loose fitting so no fire to the skin! After that I always ran that thing with a set of nylon chainsaw chaps but it still scared me! I still think those things throw more sparks than a torch! :lookaround:

#17 ·
Some old timers used to put gasoline in the tank and it would burn out the stack just a tad, thats what this old geiser told me once anyway. I don't put much stock in that anyway. I can do enough on my own to get into trouble i don't need the flames from the stacks . LOL Would be cool tho.

#21 ·
I hate to waste beer but man a set of carhardts set ablaze you sir ain't right! LOL The beer would have been on fire duty
It was 20' away inside of the barn & I was working outside, it also had turned into a slushey because it was well below freezing! :doh:
You could get Ford to install you DPF and get Jody to make you some FLAME TUNES
That will plug right into my old IDI right?:poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.