Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

is my truck lifted?

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  turbie 
#1 ·
hey everyone! i just bought an 04 cc sb fx4 a few months ago, it has stock 16 inch wheels and 315/75/16 coopers on it. it rubs allittle on the leafs. but a guy that i work with, his truck looks so much smaller than mine. and its a 99 cc lb stroker. and a buddy of mine has a 95 blazer with a 12 inch lift 37/12.50/r20's on it. and we are level in height? what gives? could tires really make that big of a difference? does anyone know what the stock height of an 04 cc sb is? any help would be great, its just been bugging me for a while. thanks!!!

#5 ·
315/75R16 inch tire equals 34.6 tall and 12.3 inches wide on a 8.5 wide rim.

Here is a picture of my truck with 325/50R22 tires with no lift. (34.8 tall and 13.2 wide)

#8 ·
yea yours is diffenetly lifted or leveled out. i had 305's on mine and that as big as i could go with the stock rims. its a great looking truck!

#10 ·
wow!! thanks for the replies! i just measured the front wheel well to see if that could give you an idea. its too dark to take any good pictures now. but the center of well to the ground is 42 1/2 inches and from the body pinch weld just below the pass side door to ground is 22 and some change almost 23 inches. i will try and post a pic when its light out. thanks for your info.

#12 ·
yeah the truck does sit level, and there is no trimming to the bumper or anything, i had an f-150 that had the same tires, but they were 17 inch wheel, and i had to trim the plastic valance on the front alittle. but nothing is touched on the f-350 i have now. so how do they level it? extra springs? spacers?

#14 ·
I have a 99 With no lift and am currently running 315's on Stock wheels It only rubs when i turn deep rubs on the leaf springs

The clean spot on the leaf is where it rubs on pass. side and drivers side

#16 ·
Mine had 315s with no lift when I got it. Rubbed just a little tiny bit on the back of the front fender opening at full lock. If you have enough backspacing to rub the springs it would probably clear the fender. Your best bet is to look at the front springs and hangers and see if they are stock or not. Stock springs are a two-leaf pack, any spring lift will have extra leafs. If it has a hanger leveling kit the front blocker beam (below bumper) would be removed or replaced with an aftermarket bar since none of the hanger kits use the stock piece. The other possibility is that they put longer shackles at the back of the front springs, you'll just need to compare yours with some you know are stock. As far as how high it sits, going from stock 31.6" tires to 315s which are 34.6" the body of the truck will go up about 1.5".

#17 ·
cool!! well thanks guys, it looks like it may have a 2.5 lift on it after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.