Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How many miles do you have?

5K views 42 replies 38 participants last post by  crazystroke97 
#1 ·
I am looking at a 1995 F250 with PSD and was wondering how many miles is too much... It has 289,000. I s it really worth buying or should I save my money and find something else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the Nation!!!

With 289K it would really depend on price, and what you know about the mantainance history. You should also be prepared for little things that will nickel and dime you to death.

What they want for it and more information about it's life would be great.

#3 ·
My 95 has 358,000 miles on it and it is nickel and dime me to death these last couple of week's but its all minor stuff which is usual for the truck. I would just look the truck over really good such as oil leaks,suspension,wireing,
etc. I love the high mileage stuff.LOL

steve

#5 ·
1997 - 99,930 miles
1995 - 223,xxx miles
1994 - 265,xxx miles
1994 - 205,475 miles
1997 - 190,000 miles

Like was mentioned miles don't matter much, it's maintanence that does. I won't be afraid of a super clean high milage truck.

-Michael

#6 ·
i bought my 97 with 235,xxx but i knew the guy really well who had it before me and i was around it all the time so i knew what was done to it. But 289000 is alot it depends on the price of the truck, how it looks, and if a dumb kid owned it or and old man. i priced a 97 CC PSD with 310,000 miles and he wanted 6200$ had a straight body, ran good, no leaks, but it still had the original dual mass fly wheel so it was making all kinds or rattling. but i kinda wish i bought it instead. i would save ur money cuz if u wait that certain truck will eventually pop up. cuz ever since i bought my 97 iv seen all kinds of awesome deals on 2000's and 99's cheaper than i payed for mine. but oh well.

#7 ·
Just a little info. Its a stick and was a farm work truck. I am going to look at it on Friday. The hpop has a leak but he says that it need the orings replaced. Other than that the seller stated it was well taken care of with all the recipts to prove it... Is the o-ring problem a major one?

#8 ·
Welcome to the Nation. I got my truck in Aug. With 316xxx Site unseen. Pictures over the internet. No history no nothing. Straight body I think an older guy was the owner. I love my Truck. I paid just under 5K. I have had thing come up, but you if you where buying any other truck.

#13 ·
I bought a 97 F250 x-cab 4x4 XLT with 254,000 miles for 2K :), body is awsome. The reason I bought it was the old guy didn't touch anything, it was bone stock. Those are the one's I like.
JIM

#20 ·
The 97 cc has 255,000 the 96 has 136,000

#22 ·
315.xxx

#27 ·
only 145xxx on lil petey, shes just broken in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.