Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Projectors

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  smoking69 
#1 ·
So I have a retro solutions HID kit in my 05 headlights right now. I love how much light they throw but... I'm sick of getting flashed while driving at night. So my question is, will this kit work to solve my problem?

H13 9008 Complete BiXenon Projectors Kit G5 G3 - Retro-Solutions Store

Also I see that it comes with the 35 watt bulbs instead of the 55 that I currently have. Will I be able to reuse the current HID's in my truck or will I need to use the less powerful 35 watt bulbs in my install?

#3 ·
It looks like it should work just fine. I would call them to make sure that everything will match up without any issues. Who knows, they might even be able to sell you just the projectors since you already have the bulbs and ballasts. I also agree with Capt. Obvious about getting a relay harness (if you don't already have one).

#4 ·
Subscribed!

#7 ·
X2 on the morimoto mini h1s, going to projector, you do need new bulbs but old ballast will work, look for a motocontrol harness. Everything needed can be sourced from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications. I'm running a complete morimoto setup (projectors, bulbs, ballasts, and motocontrol harness) TRS even sells the glue to put it back together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.