Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How to convert a 6" lift to an 8"

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Strokin4life 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I currently have a 6" pro-comp lift on my 2010 F350. What is the best way to get to an 8" lift? Can I add a leveling kit? If so how hard is this going to be on my driveline and suspension?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Cheers

#4 ·
I think he is refering to a 2" hanger kit.

As far as the OP. Adding a spacer is going to possibly have issues with caster depending on how the 6" kit addreses the arms with drop brackets.
Also things like sway bar links and brake lines might be pushed to the limits.
What is your plan for the rear? Do you have a lift spring now??? If not that is going to be a lot of block for 8" of lift.

#5 ·
My plan is to put the 2" leveling blocks in and do a shackle flip in the rear. Pretty simple really. I look at it like this, I drove the truck with the leveling kit for 100k and it was fine, not going to be any worse with 6" springs and the spacers. And as for the rear all you do it torch/grind out the hot rivits and swap the shackles to the other side and bolt them in with grade 8 or 10 bolts. Done.

#6 ·
Cant say that as you dont know how the 6" kit addresses the caster. If it is already low compared to stock it is going to be even worse once you rotate the axle by adding more lift. Also how does his kit address the sway links and the brake lines? I agree some times a leveling kit does not noticeably affect camber. I have seen trucks that drive horribly without caster adjustment. Every truck is different.
I agree on the rear. that would be the best alternative.

#7 ·
I have custom made brake lines. And as for caster everything is at stock spec after the 6" lift so I see no difference that's going to really matter after putting in the spacers.

#8 ·
Adding 2" will lower the caster 1 -1.5 deg. Was the caster corrected at the ball joint by the kit? If not then you can add a caster shim for a leveling kit to gain back what you loose.
In the end you might not notice the loss of caster. Some people do, Some dont. You will know right away if it is a problem as the truck will wander all over.

#9 ·
Truck drives the exact same after adding the 2" of lift.

#10 ·
I added 2" spacers on top of my 6" and have had no problem. Done it on about 5 of my last trucks to without any issues.

#11 ·
You going to lift the rear any more? it sits a little lower then the front. All in all a nice truck though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.