Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ICP GAUGE

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  casper7.3 
#1 ·
Does anyone besides Danin - pricol make a gauge for my high pressure oil? I want to monitor the pressure, but want it to match my Auto Meter Cobalts. We're close with pn D 200 640, but the closer, the better.

#4 ·
Isspro has a stand alone HPOP gauge if that's what you're referring to. The part number is R13255 and it's a blue EV2 series. They're white faced with blue LEDs which goes black with blue...real nice looking- I bought one to go with my C2's. Here's a gauge from the series, the HPOP gauge reads "HPOP PRESSURE". I ordered mine thru DieselManor since I couldn't get a reply from one of Isspro's dealers that's a sponsor, lol, guess he didn't want my money :shrug: And if it's not an HPOP gauge you were inquiring about sorry for the side track ;)
Here's the blue EV2 series trans temp-

#5 ·
I think Diprocol is the only one that makes it so far. All the guage does is read the voltage off the factory ICP sensor. This is a 5 volt range sensor. So you can use any guage that uses a 5 volt sending unit. The only Cobalt Gauge that I can see that would work is the Fuel Pressure 0-100. Then to get the real number you would have to convert in your head. So 20psi on the gauge would be 800 psi Icp, 50 psi gauge would be 2000 psi ICP and 100 would be 4000 psi ICP.

#6 ·
The ISSPRO I referrenced reads 4000psi ICP. (I've got it here in front of me)

#7 ·
As HarleyEdition noted, ISSPRO offers an ICP (HPOP) gauge which piggy-backs on the factory ICP sensor. It is available in the Performax and EV² lines of gauges. You can also get a different harness if you want to run it from a second ICP sensor (instead of piggybacking on the factory sensor).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#8 ·
What do you tap into to get that reading???

#10 ·
We just tap into the harness where it plugs into the ICP sensor. You unplug the factory harness from the sensor, plug in the ISSPRO harness in its place, and plug the factory harness into the back of the ISSPRO harness. You then run the two remaining wires of the ISSPRO harness either to the ESP (for Performax) or to the gauge itself (for EV²).

As far as a second sensor, I don't know if 6.0L's have any additional ports available in the oil rail like on the 7.3L. I looked on a 6.0L, but could not find another port.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#11 ·
If you have an '04 6.0 engine you can pull the plug from the hpop cover and install an extra ICP sensor for an '03 there. I don't know if there's a place on the '05+ or not though. That would give you an extra ICP sensorfor '04 anyway. does anyone know if there's a port on the HPOP cover for the '05+?

#12 ·
Power Smoker - are you referring to the HPOP oil reservoir? If it's like a 7.3L, it's only the low pressure oil at that part of the system. I get very similar pressure readings at the HPOP reservoir as at the oil filter (roughly 80 psi cold).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#14 ·
I guess I've never messed with an '03 6.0L, I assumed it was like the other years with the ICP sensor in the Right side valve cover. Are you talking about a cover on the high pressure oil pump itself? If so, then maybe that would be another spot. I think it was a 2006 that I looked at last time, and we searched all over the place trying unsuccessfully to find an alternate port.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#16 ·
the hpop cover for late 04 and up is a sealed cover no way to to plug in an external sensor. the oil rails under the valve cover on late 04 and up are the same left to right for the exception of the placement of the dummy plug and the stand pipes. so some modification to the drivers valve cover could allow for another icp. or even on the back of the pass side valve cover would be a port on the hpo rail to tap in there. hope this helps

#17 ·
sorry i was dead wrong... there is a plug on top of the hpop that could be tapped in to...just pulled an 06 down and plain as day there is the plug. I don't know what i was thinking. again sorry for the misleading info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.