Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 starting and running problem

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kyle43335 
#1 ·
hey how many of the 6.0 guys have problems with the hpos? mine starts good cold,and runs good, once warm the commanded psi on a wot is 3900 psi and the commanded is 2300psi@85% duty cycl on the ipr. i ran a oil aeration test and the psi spiked to almost 4000 then fell to 1000. this was at 2 mins in the test. im checking the low psi pump tommarow. theres a new icp and connector and pump. the ipr is original. tested the branch tube with shop air,that feeds the injectors dint hear a leak and didnt lose oil. if the truck sits after a run/and soaks it either wont start or slow to build icp the ipr at this time is 85% let it sit about 1 hour and it will start and run/ will start quick too. what does anyone think? im thinking theres a problem with the low pressure feed.. let me hear everyones opinions thanks kyle...

#2 ·
when the truck runs good the psi is even and the ipr is at 25-27%. short bursts of trottle and the truck never screws up, but it did however shut off twice like i turned off the key. codes ive had are 2285 icp circut,2290icp psi below,2291icp below while cranking thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.