Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Triple Turbos???

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Reubine 
#1 ·
OK......
I'm well aware that this might possibly be the stupidest/lamest/gayest question ever...

But... If a big single is good, compounds are better, and twin sequentials have been done.... would there be anything to be gained by 3 turbos in a compound-like setup?? Or even a supercharger, then a ginormous set of twins??
Sorry guys... when I wonder stuff, I just like to know the answer....

#2 ·
its been done before, check dieseljim personal site he did it 3 or 4 years ago, but didnt really run it long and wasnt a good matched setup.

They run three chargers compounded on some of the 2000hp tractors but that is when you are wanting to run 150+ psi of boost (not real psd friendly)

You could run a two stage three charger setup. One charger on each manifold that would feed one center charger. All three charger could be the same size too

Travis

#4 ·
You can get all the boost that this engine will handle with twins... why do you need more?
Oh wait, we're always looking for more, nevermind, carry on...

#5 ·
Where would you get all of the fuel from would be the question. I would say going with true Twins and a great primary would be awesome Moore. That would probably be the most logical set-up for a PSD. I would like to see that one day.

#6 ·
a two stage compund setup with three chargers allows you to use smaller chargers and get more total air, Like you could use 3 s400's and make some serious power

Travis

#9 ·
hey this sounds like my old thread...lol
still seems like a good idea to me .
I mentioned twins being boosted by a supercharger before and the empire truck proves the theory is sound...it has beeen done before on other diesel platforms so why not.

#10 ·
if someone has three turbos laying around i let you try it on my psd! if i can keep them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.