Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Widening Factory Alloy Wheels

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Strokerstooge 
#1 ·
I am looking for a place to widen a set of Ford 18" alloy wheels.
I want to take a set of 18x8 and widen them to 9" or 9.5" then add 2" hubcentric spacers.
All the places I have found say NO Trucks Wheels tho.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.

#4 ·
Good question Z,
First and formost, I want a hub-centric wheel and Factory is the only ones I have ever seen that are hub-centric.
Second, I do like the simple but classy look of several of the factory wheel offerings.
And lastly I still want the high offset wheel, to keep the tires tucked into the wheel wells good and tight.

But if the price is too dear, I will disregard all the above and go with a common aftermarket wheel.
I can only afford so much uniqeness. ;)

#5 ·
I can only afford so much uniqeness.

LOL

from what I have seen( no expert here ) to widen a rim u may need to supply 2 full sets

and the preferred area of the modification is the rear of the rim so back set is changed

A good set of aftermarket rims should suit you fine but it would be cool to see wide OEM's

nice thing is your OEM's will have some value

#11 ·
I had a pair done for my car at Weldcraft in Michigan. 18x10 widened 2" With the freight both ways was just over $800
OUCH!
Then add $500 for spacers.
Yea, never mind. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.