Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6 speed 6.0 Procharged discussion.

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Bamboo 
#1 ·
Alright I own a auto I love it. nice and strong for stock tranny.

Now the main issue with having a standard and shifting is you lose boost.

Now lets say you ahve a 6 speed and a procharger. is building boost back up gonna be a issue? :confused:

I have this feeling it can be setup to get rid of this issue and standards could compete with autos. any thoughts?

#6 ·
powershift! I'm guessing these hand shakers don't hold up well to it?

#8 ·
Loads of guys with blown Cobras have issues with it falling off boost when they shift. Well known issue and many have gone to automatics to get around it.

#10 ·
Well the tranny will hold up fine, but the clutch won't you will have to run a double disc and shifting with it is kinda slow. but im thinking that if you could launch in 3rd(on the stick) you might be able to net some good et's

#11 ·
You can powershift the ZF box, the weak point I found was the clutch safety switch as stabbing the pedal very fast was too much for it to take and I broke 2 of them before just bypassing the wiring. I had a ceramic single, you've gotta choke up on the stick a bit, but it'll keep the rpms/boost up and smoke the tires through 4th gear easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.