Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tint on top of tint?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Ian123 
#1 ·
I have 35% front windows and want to go darker to 20%. I am too cheap to pay the extra $25 to have my current tint removed and don't want to remove it myself because I've done so before and its a pain in the ass to get all the glue off. So how bad would it be to put a layer of 50% on top of the 35% I have now? I figure that would equal around 20% anyway. Would it look hazy or anything?

#3 ·
if you're wanting 20% Ian, have them remove it and put 20% on, it will be the best way.

Chad

#4 ·
Well another factor is the stupid tint place charges you extra for illegal tint. So if I just got another layer of 50% on top it would cost me $70 and thats it. If I remove the 35 thats an extra $25 amd then another $20 to get an illegal %. So it comes to $115 just to get 2 windows tinted which to me feels like I'm getting ripped off

#12 ·
double limo on my windows no prob ;)
Started thinking about this and realized I know more people who haven't had any issues than people who have. Thanks for keeping me honest.

#11 ·
This is why I originally went with 35, but its just too light during the day so I'm going to 20. Even if the cops weren't crazy about tint tickets where I live, I still don't think I'd get 5 on the front

#14 ·
5% is dark I have 5% on my rear windows and 20% on the front windows of my centurion and you can't see through the 5% at all from the outside. Also backing up at night is a b**** unless you roll the windows down.

#15 ·
Well I ended up just doing it right and taking the old tint off. I found a place that did it all for $95, which included a $10 fee for illegal tint. Apparently they charge extra for that everywhere

#17 ·
Its stupid, its not like it involves any more work for them to put on a darker film. And if I get pulled over its my problem not theirs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.