Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Installed leveling kit on 04 and Adj Track bar was incorrect, bad to run it until new one?

918 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tonka350 
#1 ·
So I installed a new leveling kit on my 04 superduty today. I ordered an Adj track bar as well when i ordered the kit, i went to install the track bar all the way collapsed and it was still to long. Does anyone know how bad it would be to run the truck with out it until i can get the issue resolved? thanks.

#3 ·
I ran mine with a stock bar still for a little while and I wish I never had. maybe a month, I forget, but it wore my tires retarded that now my truck pulls left or right depending on my tire rotation. and it chewed up my sway bar bushings as well since the stock bar being too short was pulling the axle to the drivers side

#5 ·
running a truck without a track bar is not recommended but it is possible. I've had mine off for a little over a year ( I don't drive it often though )....every truck has different reactions to different things. it may not cause a problem, running without a track bar WILL put excess wear on your drag link end links though so be prepared to possibly replace those when you put your track bar back on.

Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.