Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

99 f350 Dana 60 Question??

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Kona 
#1 ·
I have a late 6/99 f350 drw with what I have figured out to be a dana 60 with 4.10 gears.

Question 1: where is the best place to get all new seals, 3 axles, bearings, hubs, ball joint kits, u joints, ect., to do a complete overhaul on this expensive front end???

Question 2: If I am correct if I do not remove the ring gear or pinion I do not have to re-shim any gears. My concern is removing the pinion to replace the pinion seal and crush sleeve.....will this mess my gears up as far as being for lack of better words "not rite" when I reinstall with new seals on the pinion is I use the same shims? The pinion feels loose with the ring gear and carrier removed but the bearing feels and looks good so I was thinking a new crush sleeve and seals if this is doable??

#7 ·
Hub was shot and ruined the left side and I knw it when I got the truck but when I took it all apart it was all shot or not up to my liking so I ordered all new today for it.

All I need now is a d/s inner axle shaft, 35 spline short shaft and I can put it back together.

Cant find a used one anywhere and a new one is 350.00 ,,,,,ouch again!

Anyone know a place to get a good used short inner or a decent priced new one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.