Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Homemade track bar

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tjones330 
#1 ·
I'm lifting my 03 6 inches and want to build my own track bar with heims for the lift. My question is should I build it straight or put bends in it? I only plan on building this once so I want to do it right. Just wondering what others have done. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Iv got a 6" on my 02. I cut my bar a little bit off center, added probly an inch and a half of solid bar to one end(it has to be beveled good before welding). Then i ground tha welds down And slid on a 1 inch inside diameter heavy wall pipe as a sleeve over it. Now lay both seperate peice on a flat table and weld together, then grind welds and slide tha pipe over them and weld it :) just measure your holes after your lift to know tha length. And make sure its sitting on tha ground with no jack

#3 ·
I had a 95 f350 with coils in the front and made my own bracket and than also made my own track bar. I made mine straight because I feel like if you put a bend in the pipe you would have a weak point or give it reason to keep bending when your driving it hard( I wheel a lot) but if you get a heavy wall pipe I guess you wouldn't have a problem. I also had around 7 inches of suspension lift.

#4 ·
It doesnt matter if its straight or bent either will work and be strong if you build it right. straight is easier and you can sleeve it like ****** said which will take more abuse off road, or bend it which is still strong and IMO looks a lot cleaner and will still hold up to some abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.