Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2002 Eclb suspension issues??

785 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  geared_low550 
#1 ·
On my 02 , it's totally stock except for a 6637 filter , and stock size Firestone destination MTs. I put new shocks on it. Nothing special but new ones. Now the issue is I have axle wrap up when you take off or hit the brakes you can feel it wrap the opposite direction. We have layed under it for hours looking at it rocking it back and fourth trying to figure out where the play is. Nothing I can see is loose. And I also don't see any broken leaves in the pack. All I can really see happening is the pack itself flexing. Like wrapping up until it makes contact with the rest of the pack. When it's loaded nothing moves at all. My question is is it possible to wear out the springs ? It's got 297k on it, came from a drywall company. Assuming its hauled its share of weight.

#2 ·
Yes completely possible to wear them out. My Dads old truck had the side boxes and main truck box on it for like 10 years. Always fully loaded with stuff. When we pulled them off the thr truck didnt come up at all.

#3 ·
Wonder If new springs are the answer? LOL trac bars would stop it from wrapping up but I'd like to do it the proper way before adding bars. Would the fronts possibly be the same way? The passenger front has a very harsh ride , it always seems to slam potholes on my road. And yet going the other direction it just floats over it like normal

#4 ·
Talked to my local shop, Rome spring, they can redo my springs for 3-350 installed. I'm thinking I'm going to do it. Seems like a good deal to me.

#6 ·
they specified they will be a little heavier, which is fine with me.

#7 ·
Good to hear, I'm waiting for my traction bars to come in now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.